Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

3 hours ago, AVFCforever1991 said:

Why are people obsessed with his right foot? Arjen Robben never had a right foot and be did alright.....

The difference for me is that Traore always tries to cut inside, and against better opponents that will be easy to defend against. 

9 hours ago, hippo said:

What ever happened to chipped and lobbing the keeper goals.

Loved watched Merson.

Keepers can now jump more than one and a half inches off the ground so it’s more difficult than to do it than in the late 90‘s/early 00‘s

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

My MotM but giibbs made it easy. Every time traore cut in on his left and gibbs was still thinking it was 50/50 very poor performance by him. 

Gibbs was usually in trouble as Cash was bombing forward from right back and was in 2 minds

Starting to show the player we know are in there!

Hope he keeps on in the coming games. Feels like he is the similar to El Ghazi, needs confidence and if he gets into the zone I believe he could be impossible to deal with for the opponents. 

He one footedness is a bit of an issue as it makes him more predictable. However if you're good enough you can overcome it. However he is no Maradona or even a Robben. 

I heard Traore was quick, but he doesn't look so quick to me. Robben however was greased lightning.

One thing I do like about Traore is that he seems like a clever player, with good awareness. 

Time will tell, but not yet convinced.

Traore is anything but predictable - he has vision, quickness of mind and flair at his disposable. We saw a range of passing yesterday and in terms of pace @Philosopher he absolutely ghosted past a few players with the ball at his feet yesterday. He's not the fastest in the world but he's no slouch, and more to the point, he's not a winger, per se.

• Like 1

There’s a player in there, that’s for sure. Let’s keep an even keel. He’ll not have an easier opponent than what WBA showed last night. But he did very well against what was in front of him. Really clever finish for his goal, and great vision and cross for ElGhazi’s 1st goal. No doubt he’s a valuable player when you have other good players around him. I still think it’ll be late winter/early spring before we start seeing the best of him. But definitely had a good game last night.

Well if that's the kind of performance we can look forward to, then I'm already looking forward to seeing them.

He's started out a little quietly (his debut apart, where he looked very smart), but he's another who's growing. 

At this moment, we're very lucky with our wide men, who are all capable of scoring, assisting and playing well in general.  

• Like 1

He reminded me of Grealish last night. The way he carries the ball forward and also the weight of his pass - never overhits it when he doesn't have to. Him and Cash gave WBA as much to think about as Grealish did which is a good development.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

I just can't stop watching that finish. It's perfect. Not one person is expecting him to shoot. He hasn't set himself or anything and without breaking stride just sweeps it in to the corner. Bea- f***ing-utiful.

I think Dion described it best as "an off-beat goal" - everyone is expecting him to try and shift onto his left more, to get more power, but he just passes it into the net. 

Wonderful, improvised finish.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

He was a menace yesterday. His best game for us.  He looked really comfortable centrally 

What a goal as well. Superb Bertrand keep it up

I've said it for ages now. He can play centrally, but he isn't a wide player. New right winger needed. 

• Like 1

Thought he was terrific and fully deserved to get his goal too. Could have probably got at least one more too on another night. First time he and Cash have really started to gel. We’ve been so reliant on the left for so long to have a threat down the right too could be really transformative for us. Just one game but more of that please! 

10 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I've said it for ages now. He can play centrally, but he isn't a wide player. New right winger needed. 

Its looking that way isnt it? Looks so much more of a threat centrally than on the wing.

Might be worth swapping him with ollie soon see how that pans out

The best thing about last night was that the right hand side of the pitch looked just as strong, if not stronger than the left.

We are finally a balanced unit.

Traore was superb as well, as he mentioned in his interview post game he now looks to be fully fit and injury free. Patience is all that is needed with signings some times.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sparrow1988 said:

I just can't stop watching that finish. It's perfect. Not one person is expecting him to shoot. He hasn't set himself or anything and without breaking stride just sweeps it in to the corner. Bea- f***ing-utiful.

totally agree that finish is awesome, the keeper didn't have a chance or a clue

Edited by Danishlad

20 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

The best thing about last night was that the right hand side of the pitch looked just as strong, if not stronger than the left.

We are finally a balanced unit.

Traore was superb as well, as he mentioned in his interview post game he now looks to be fully fit and injury free. Patience is all that is needed with signings some times.

Its a good point.....the difficult thing for us, is to know how long these things take.

Last night he showed some really deceptive skills aka Mahrez......that could unsettle any team, his deception for his goal was top drawer, he was fairly consistent too, all game.

He has certainly given us something to think about....I really liked, what I saw.

settling in time is very difficult to evaluate as a fan.

Â