Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

9 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

Fingers crossed. 

But I couldn't tell he was a way better standard.  There's nothing he did in that game which any of our other wingers couldn't have done.

The little one two with Jack and the first time ball to Watkins was something I don't see Trez having in his locker. 

I don't think it will be long till traore has taken his spot.

22 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

The little one two with Jack and the first time ball to Watkins was something I don't see Trez having in his locker. 

I don't think it will be long till traore has taken his spot.

I think trez will start in certain games where we don't expect to have much of the ball. Liverpool will be an example of this. His work rate and ability to pop up with a goal is my reasoning. 

In a game where we need to break the opposition down with a bit of brilliance or even a game where a counter attacking style will suit, I think traore will start these. Horses for courses but nice to have options.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

I thought Taylor was a dodgy buy and at best of times I've found him wanting but have utmost respect for him for the journey and job he's done for us. I think Hutton getting injured helped us getting promoted. That's it pretty much

He's far below the level we need now, I know that, but I hear a lot of people calling him useless and I just don't see it. Maybe I let the respect I have for him cloud my judgement, but I can't help but like him.

Interesting article on The Guardian about Lyon looking awful in attack at the moment. One goal from open play in the last 4 games which was by a right back and not creating much at all

maybe Traore wasnt the main issue at Lyon

Edited by Zatman

Trez will start against Liverpool, Traore will come on around 70 mins and score a hattrick to beat Liverpool 3-0. The whole country will then see us as genuine title contenders and Traore will start every game there after! You heard it here first.

10 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

It's amazing to me how Taylor played the last 9 games in unbeaten run in promotion push and the rest to promotion final and people shit on him constantly and talk about absolute garbage defender Hutton being a Villa legend

Wasn’t Hause playing LB in most of those games?

I don’t rate Hutton but he was better and offered more than Taylor.

10 hours ago, Greenfly said:

Hutton's story as a member of the bomb squad who, through sheer determination, became a first team regular and scored a beauty against SHA makes him a cult figure. He wasn't brilliant, but he was always committed to the cause and we can never ask for more from anyone.

To me, Taylor is much the same. Doggedly professional and steadily reliable, he always looks committed even if he's not really at the level we need right now. I like the guy. I feel like the team is more balanced defensively with him instead of Targett.

Hutton was very limited but Taylor is still the inferior player, I don’t think they compare. Taylor is such a low level player and offers nothing beyond the most basic defensive duties (doesn’t even excel in that area though). Most attacks completely break down when the ball reaches him in a forward area.

Plus, we were playing at a lower level and Hutton is older and a RB so we had to let him go. Luckily, we had Elmo to take over and offer a lot more.

Edited by Jas10

25 minutes ago, Tez500 said:

Trez will start against Liverpool, Traore will come on around 70 mins and score a hattrick to beat Liverpool 3-0. The whole country will then see us as genuine title contenders and Traore will start every game there after! You heard it here first.

happy the simpsons GIF

21 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Wasn’t Hause playing LB in most of those games?

I don’t rate Hutton but he was better and offered more than Taylor.

No. Hause played LB Derby game then CB the next 5 then was injured. 

Hutton was a shit defender compared to Taylor. Out of position so many times. Taylor is far more solid defensively

Edited by Kiwivillan

5 minutes ago, ramshackler said:

He looks a good player, I'm not sure he's actually quick though? Certainly doesn't run in behind or turn on the afterburners very regularly if he does have pace

Wouldn’t think that he’s rapid from what I’ve seen but certainly not slow

Pretty crap. Slow, poor touch and awful defensive work. 

I understand why he was signed based on the football they want played, but I think what we needed more than anything on the right side was a bit of pace to go with work rate. So far Traore has showed little of neither. In fact he's looked embarrassingly slow. 

I don't think a bad performance means he's bad, nor do I think a good performance mean he's good. It's just a few matches, but it's not looking too promising so far. 

He's had moments of class to be fair, so I hope with better match fitness, gelling with the squad, he will over time at least prove to be a useful squad member. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Pretty crap. Slow, poor touch and awful defensive work. 

I understand why he was signed based on the football they want played, but I think what we needed more than anything on the right side was a bit of pace to go with work rate. So far Traore has showed little of neither. In fact he's looked embarrassingly slow. 

I don't think a bad performance means he's bad, nor do I think a good performance mean he's good. It's just a few matches, but it's not looking too promising so far. 

He's had moments of class to be fair, so I hope with better match fitness, gelling with the squad, he will over time at least prove to be a useful squad member. 

Nonsense. Slow? He certainly isn’t slow.

• Like 2

Â