Emiliano Martínez

hippo

4 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

💜💙❤️

My one directional bromance with this man is real.

3:45 - "You know you're gonna get hit, I don't care if I get hurt"

Edited by ccfcman
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Lovely...

FB_IMG_1642800420862.jpg

Who said there isn't room for sentiment in football?

We have a top 5 keeper in the world who is happy to commit his future here because of how much the club has helped him personally as well as professionally. He could easily say "I need to be playing CL now, I'm that good" etc, which is the line we hear when players move on to CL clubs.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Who said there isn't room for sentiment in football?

We have a top 5 keeper in the world who is happy to commit his future here because of how much the club has helped him personally as well as professionally. He could easily say "I need to be playing CL now, I'm that good" etc, which is the line we hear when players move on to CL clubs.

Yeah, I was just reflecting on this. 

Really it's the faith we showed in him that has propelled him to global stardom and directly lead to him winning The Copa America with his country.  He clearly appreciates that and knows without us he would be still kicking around as second fiddle at Arsenal and wouldn't have been near that Argentina team.

His wages were presumably because of where we picked him up from a long way away from what one of The Premier League’s top keepers should earn so its absolutely right he's rewarded appropriately. 

What's interesting is the obvious warmth he has and more importantly his wife. There is clearly a feelgood factor behind the scenes and we're obviously helping out the foreign players for which they are grateful. 

It's all just ace basically. 

• Like 4

Â