Emiliano Martínez

hippo

Goalkeepers. They're mentally built different to the rest of us.

He'll get a ticking off when he gets back. Imagine if that copper had smashed his hand.

Still, he's getting close to God status over there even more after that.

And probably a FIFA ban and fine.

Edited by stewiek2

21 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

He already is.

yeah he has to be, even just factually i think he's our only player to win a world cup, only player to win a regional national tournament and our highest ranked player on a balon d'or list

i know its slightly unfair as GKs have their own award but how many villa players at a given moment in time were considered the best in the world at their position?

closest would be gary shaw getting golden boy or whatever it was and god getting player of the year

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

yeah he has to be, even just factually i think he's our only player to win a world cup, only player to win a regional national tournament and our highest ranked player on a balon d'or list

i know its slightly unfair as GKs have their own award but how many villa players at a given moment in time were considered the best in the world at their position?

closest would be gary shaw getting golden boy or whatever it was and god getting player of the year

Shouldn't he be a legend for what he's done at Villa though? Probably close in that sense anyway. Shaw and McGrath got those awards for performances in a Villa shirt.

24 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Shouldn't he be a legend for what he's done at Villa though? Probably close in that sense anyway. Shaw and McGrath got those awards for performances in a Villa shirt.

I meant best players, he is factually one of the best players to play for villa, he's got to be the only villa player to make a balon dor list surely? 

Legend is something slightly different, hard to put a metric on it because it will mean something different to different people 

See gabby... 

But I think he will end up on that list too, especially if he stays for the ride 

• Like 1

Â