Emiliano Martínez

hippo

6 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

Dare I say it but anyone think Emi is enough of a shithouse to have put a little less than 100% in under Gerrard because the players wanted him gone?

I dont think so because it seems him and Cutler are quite close so I doubt he would have jeopardised his job

Probably his most complete performance for us yesterday. Great saves, great composure and absolutely unflappable.

Loved how late in the game he comes about 50 yards out of his goal and has the audacity to put his foot on the ball calmly looking for the right pass rather than hoof it away.

• Like 1

It's a testament to him that he's still improving, after that first season I'd have been surprised if he had much growth left in him given the level he was already at but he really is something else. Always feel lucky to have an undeniably world class player at Villa.

• Like 2

We need to make sure he gets a good deal at Villa. Not in order to keep him but because he's earnt it. When was the last time we could actually say we had a player who is the absolute real deal and genuinely top class? 

Villa top brass need to ensure Emi stays here and gains legendary status. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

We need to make sure he gets a good deal at Villa. Not in order to keep him but because he's earnt it. When was the last time we could actually say we had a player who is the absolute real deal and genuinely top class? 

Villa top brass need to ensure Emi stays here and gains legendary status. 

he got one a year ago. imagine he's now one of the top earners

Nice to see them do a little analysis on him on MOTD.  Particularly enjoyed when they did the clip of him rushing out, flicking the ball past the attacker then calmly passing between 2 other Southampton players; Lineker made this sort of "ooohfffh" noise :D 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Nice to see them do a little analysis on him on MOTD.  Particularly enjoyed when they did the clip of him rushing out, flicking the ball past the attacker then calmly passing between 2 other Southampton players; Lineker made this sort of "ooohfffh" noise :D 

How long before the narrative changes to move to elite club.

rocket polishers.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Thug said:

We are where the top top echelon of clubs aspire to be.

Top clubs wouldn’t even be allowed to be top clubs if it wasn’t for Aston Villa…

We invented the league system… We graciously gave them the opportunity to actually compete for something…

Top echelon?

We are as close to Godhood as a sporting establishment could be…

Fans of those lesser heathen clubs should be kissing our hairy beanbags for what Villa selflessly gave them…

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DevonIsAPlaceOnEarth said:

His role as sweeper yesterday was superb, gives the defence the confidence to play 15yards further forward than with Olsen. Masterclass.

I was disappointed when Cutler left , thought it may affect Martinez, I was wrong, what we saw him doing yesterday, playing as a sweeper when required, was new for Martinez I'm guessing this was spoken about with him and hes adding It to his game.

Â