Emiliano Martínez

hippo

The Saudi first goal was a tough one, Emi was at full stretch. No keeper in the world was saving that!

I wanted Argentina to do well but some of their players are pretty average, the defence looks slow. They aren't winning the World Cup, no chance.

• Like 1

This is my very selfish thinking as a Villa fan...

Emi did great to almost save the Newcastle (aka Saudi Arabia) second goal, strangely though that's good for us. If he had produced a world class save and kept it out it would have bought him further to the attention of the so called top 6 and other top overseas clubs....

So keep trying Emi, but forget pulling off those world class saves, by all means get a hand to it, just don't put yourself in the shop window... ! 

VTID

You lot are crazy. His angles were all wrong for the first one and the second one once he got a hand to it he should be saving it. 

A top keeper doesn’t concede goals like those and he is a top keeper. He’ll be kicking himself for both. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

Absolutely comical blaming him for the first goal. His positioning was fine. It was just a great finish. If people are blaming him for that then there isnt a shot from that angle that can be scored without it being the keepers fault. 

The second one is much tougher. Only he will know whether he could have done more. Lots of keepers wouldn't have got anything on it. Almost criticised for getting so close to saving it. 

• Like 2

While people on here can be over critical of players, some posters can also be very defensive.

Criticising him even when he's not playing for us? Well, he is still our player, of course we're gonna be watching him more closely than other players. Pointing out things that he could have done better isn't always harsh criticism either.

Edited by Tom13
  • Like 1

On 23/11/2022 at 09:25, Tomaszk said:

He did it to himself by being the best keeper in the world for a year.

No one is getting that first one.

Second one is a worldie if he stops it. He got there. He'll think he should have stopped it.

Cutler said it on the podcast they were probably not saveable

but Emi will now go back and work out how he can save it next time

17 minutes ago, Django_Zooms said:

What do we make of the Football Insider report that Emi has fallen out with Emery?

I just had a look and the grammar is 'had a falling out'—back in Arsenal. It's a bit of a flimsy story.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Django_Zooms said:

What do we make of the Football Insider report that Emi has fallen out with Emery?

Considering they won't have seen each other for the best part of 2 weeks as of this morning I would find it hard to believe that they've even spoken, let alone fallen out. 

28 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Considering they won't have seen each other for the best part of 2 weeks as of this morning I would find it hard to believe that they've even spoken, let alone fallen out. 

"SHOCK as goalkeeper Martinez hasn't spoken to manager in almost two weeks! CLICK HERE to find out what's behind this BREAKDOWN in communication"

• Haha 3

Â