Emiliano Martínez

hippo

5 hours ago, DJ_Villain said:

HE is the reason I want Argentina to win the World Cup...
After years of being cast aside, we gave him his chance, he took it, rolled with it and won Argentinas first trophy in decades...

I'd love it if he could win their second...

I'd rather see Argentina win it for him, than see England win it for myself and every other Englishman I know...
I am, after all, club before country...

As much as I hate England under Southgate, even this is way too far for me.

Just imagine Lisandro Martinez's little rat face lifting the trophy? No thanks.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

A world cup winning Villa player! Has this happened before?

Good quiz question.  Robert Pires was a World Cup winner before joining us, not sure if there are any more.  Good luck to Emi anyway, the Argies look strong this time.

9 hours ago, AvonVillain said:

A world cup winning Villa player! Has this happened before?

Great question! Don’t think there has been one, especially playing for Villa at the time? As someone has already pointed out, perhaps a winner who has then signed for us after? 

12 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

Good quiz question.  Robert Pires was a World Cup winner before joining us, not sure if there are any more.  Good luck to Emi anyway, the Argies look strong this time.

We nearly had Lovre Kalinic too 😛

2 hours ago, AvonVillain said:

Martinez to win WC, comes back to take up captain's armband... who would argue with that.. what a way to start the new era.

Yes, then he can bring the World Cup to Villa Park and parade it in front of our fans before we play Liverpool. What a reception he would receive.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Â