The AVFC FFP thread

7 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Its amazing that according to the figures above Villa were only 5th in terms of revenue in the 2018-2019 season even though we had the highest attendances in the league.

Parachute money? Pretty much the only money there is in the Championship.

45 minutes ago, sne said:

Parachute money? Pretty much the only money there is in the Championship.

Yep, we were in 3rd year of parachute payments so had much lower amount than those relegated after us who were in their first or second year of parachute payments.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
19 minutes ago, ramshackler said:

Have we all heard FFP is set to be scrapped by UEFA? Could be incredibly good news for us

Probably replaced by another way of protecting the "elite" clubs. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, ramshackler said:

Have we all heard FFP is set to be scrapped by UEFA? Could be incredibly good news for us

"Replaced" not scrapped.

Whenever UEFA make a surprise announcement on a rule like this, my instinct is to cynicism.

• Like 2

I bet it will allow clubs like Manure & Barca to be hundreds of millions in debt spend with more freedom with a mechanism in place to hinder us... They  don’t want the likes of Villa to join the party, they don’t want competition, they want the same big clubs each year due to TV £$€¥ - it’s so corrupt 

1 hour ago, thabucks said:

I bet it will allow clubs like Manure & Barca to be hundreds of millions in debt spend with more freedom with a mechanism in place to hinder us... They  don’t want the likes of Villa to join the party, they don’t want competition, they want the same big clubs each year due to TV £$€¥ - it’s so corrupt 

I doubt it while the glazers are there

5 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Maybe we will have to pay tax to the Manchester clubs?

Or continue the increase in free on pitch penalties they get.  I think I heard they would get a free penalty instead of throw ins under the new scheme.  They were going to give them one goal head start but thought that was too obvious.

On 25/03/2021 at 08:55, sparrow1988 said:

UEFA need to keep the big clubs onside to try and prevent a breakaway super league. I imagine that any replacement for FFP will highly benefit them.

It absolutely will. It's been a long time since professional clubs  were sports teams with any interest in sporting integrity;  they're corporations protecting their brand.

I wouldn't be surprised to see spending and debt rules scaling with UEFA coefficient at this point.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, paul514 said:

Was there any new news today on this? The conference call was supposed to be today wasn't it?

42 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

It absolutely will. It's been a long time since professional clubs  were sports teams with any interest in sporting integrity;  they're corporations protecting their brand.

I wouldn't be surprised to see spending and debt rules scaling with UEFA coefficient at this point.

from what i have read, which may or may not be true, there is a lot of talk about salary caps.

If those salary caps are based on turnover etc, that a huge leash put on any clubs not already at the top of the pyramid.

Football is slowly going to the dogs.

6 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

from what i have read, which may or may not be true, there is a lot of talk about salary caps.

If those salary caps are based on turnover etc, that a huge leash put on any clubs not already at the top of the pyramid.

Well I mean if they are to somehow accomodate Barca then they can't make it too restrictive unless they somehow reduce their wage bill before any system is put in place.

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

Caps are illegal under EU law, I don't see the Premier League doing that anyway they will want to be the undisputed dominant league which we are currently and a cap will make it all equal.

12 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Caps are illegal under EU law, I don't see the Premier League doing that anyway they will want to be the undisputed dominant league which we are currently and a cap will make it all equal.

there are a lot of arguments that FFP is technically illegal.......didnt stop them!

Â