The AVFC FFP thread

We are a professionally run football club for the first time in my lifetime. Doug used to run us as a corner shop, Randy as a hobby, Tony as a goodness knows what!

These guys are not taking risks. There is a plan and an infrastructure designed to deliver that plan. Long may it continue!

• Like 1

Need to add a 20 onto the title of this thread.

Just a question for people who know more than I...

Can we actually spend any money? In Jan or the summer? We've already done something dodgy with the stadium which I don't understand.

As long as we don't get points deductions I don't care to be honest. Not my cash. Man City and Chelsea stuck themselves into the elite using a method they'd be banned for now.

8 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Just a question for people who know more than I...

Can we actually spend any money? In Jan or the summer? We've already done something dodgy with the stadium which I don't understand.

As long as we don't get points deductions I don't care to be honest. Not my cash. Man City and Chelsea stuck themselves into the elite using a method they'd be banned for now.

Not sure anyone can actually know the answer to this unless they somehow have all the details of Villa's current financial situation, which I would guess is no one on here.  

It could be out of date but these were the last figures I could find from BBC.

‘Clubs cannot make a loss in excess of £105m across the 2013-14, 2014-15 and 2015-16 seasons (as with FFP, investment in infrastructure and youth development is exempt).’

So we’d have a couple of years to balance books if needed and if stadium ‘sale’ ratified we may be in slight profit last 2 seasons, as Xia’s 1st crazy summer has expired by the time we next need to submit accounts, so maybe there is room still? 

I would think the owners/Purslow anticipated the possibility of needing to use January for reinforcements and I recall they said as much in the summer window.

None of this FFP makes any sense to me whatsoever !!  Leicester ran afoul of it when they got promoted but only received a relatively small fine. Man U piss money around like sailor on shore leave but it doesn't seem to affect them. I find it all a bit dodgy. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, gurru991 said:

None of this FFP makes any sense to me whatsoever !!  Leicester ran afoul of it when they got promoted but only received a relatively small fine. Man U piss money around like sailor on shore leave but it doesn't seem to affect them. I find it all a bit dodgy. 

Man Utds income is something ridiculous. They can spend what they want, fail, rinse and repeat until they get it right. Seems unfair as we can spend, fail and end up in the championship for 10 years hoping our owners continue to prop us up. We simply have to stay up somehow

i think villa are running at full tilt, ground is full, ST are all gone, in prem league, on tv, run in cup,,

if you can think of how villa can do more?

i have said for years if we had a team that matched our fans.. we would be top 6..how the football gods give us a bottom 3 side is head scratching .

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, cbr600rr said:

i think villa are running at full tilt, ground is full, ST are all gone, in prem league, on tv, run in cup,,

if you can think of how villa can do more?

i have said for years if we had a team that matched our fans.. we would be top 6..how the football gods give us a bottom 3 side is head scratching .

I though a cup run would be good for the coffers but read somewhere the other day that even if you win the league cup you get around 50k or something ridiculous, I think it said something along the lines of you get more for getting to the 2nd round of the FA cup so not sure losing to Leicester in the semi final will help much 

It feels like we finally have everything we wanted in place; wealthy, ambitious, successful owners. Clued up CEO. Villa fan and supposed progressive forward thinking manager, Grealish as focal point/poster boy, full houses every game at Villa Park. We had to get it right with recruitment, and on first half of season evidence, it could well be our downfall that undoes all the aforementioned. Very much typical Villa to be so optimistic before a ball had been kicked. We still have time, survival was always the aim but being a Villa fan you cant help but always fear the worst.

• Like 2

In terms of punishments for FFP, I don't think that the Premier League can relegate us to the Championship - I think that's off the table in terms of sanctions - in terms of anything else, staying up is the most important thing - relegation would cost us £100m and they're never going to fine us that - a points deduction for next season would be better than going down this season and no fine will come anywhere near to that £100m, let alone to the long term cost if we can't get back up. 

I say to hell with it - stay up at all costs, take a punishment if we have to and spend enough to ensure we can overcome any deduction next season.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

In terms of punishments for FFP, I don't think that the Premier League can relegate us to the Championship - I think that's off the table in terms of sanctions - in terms of anything else, staying up is the most important thing - relegation would cost us £100m and they're never going to fine us that - a points deduction for next season would be better than going down this season and no fine will come anywhere near to that £100m, let alone to the long term cost if we can't get back up. 

I say to hell with it - stay up at all costs, take a punishment if we have to and spend enough to ensure we can overcome any deduction next season.

Sod it and totally agree, let’s have a Darren Bent style signing and a VT meltdown. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

What positions would guarantee we stay up if the manager refuses to play anything other than an incredibly attacking 433 do you think?

A striker and two fantastic central midfielders I'd guess. Jack can stay wide.

A new winger with Jack moving back to CM is an option but there's issues with having him in there and no McGinn who gets through a lot of work.

I wonder if Purslow sees it how you do. I do think pressure builds on Smith if we bring in two or three starting players in January, he must deliver more.

4 hours ago, Hobbit Feet said:

I though a cup run would be good for the coffers but read somewhere the other day that even if you win the league cup you get around 50k or something ridiculous, 

Did you read that in the Shoot magazine 1968 edition? 

Edited by sidcow

16 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

It will lock at the end of the year.

This was for talk about FFP while we were in the Championship. Feel free to start another for stories made up by the Daily Mail 😁

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Its one of the reasons Liverpool prioritised the World Club Cup over Carabao

Well yes, they have different opportunities to us but going all the way in the League Cup is going to earn you multi millions in TV money, ticket sales, merchandise sales and prize money.  Its not going to be insignificant. 

Just now, sidcow said:

Well yes, they have different opportunities to us but going all the way in the League Cup is going to earn you multi millions in TV money, ticket sales, merchandise sales and prize money.  Its not going to be insignificant. 

I saw one article and was 6 million for winning World Club Cub and around 100k for Carabao 

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I saw one article and was 6 million for winning World Club Cub and around 100k for Carabao 

Aaaaaaaggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh. 

IT'S NOT JUST THE PRIZE MONEY!!!!!!!!!!! 

Â