The AVFC FFP thread

9 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

blimey, even Sheff Utd, Watford, Burnley, Norwich & Brighton have/had more revenue than us!, amazing.

Player sales might account for part of this, but overall revenues in the PL are pretty much the same between all the non "Big 6" clubs. 

• Like 1

It's hard to believe Norwich had higher revenue than us when our crowds (when in) were twice as high as theirs, we finished with a higher league position and our corporate and commercial revenues will be streets ahead of theirs.  Something isn't right. 

48 minutes ago, sidcow said:

It's hard to believe Norwich had higher revenue than us when our crowds (when in) were twice as high as theirs, we finished with a higher league position and our corporate and commercial revenues will be streets ahead of theirs.  Something isn't right. 

Again, with Norwich, their accounts are up to the 31st July.

Ours are up to the 31st May, so we have £36.1m of income that isn't in those numbers and will be included in our 2020-21 numbers.

That chart isn't like-for-like figures.

3 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

There's a delay while we wait for companies house to publish - the club filed the accounts on Thursday so they've released their summary statement, but the actual accounts won't be available for viewing until they're published on the companies house website, once they're on there, I'd imagine that the Swiss ramble, smart people on here and idiots like me will all have a good root through the detail and draw conclusions ranging from the sensible to the wildly speculative.

I didn’t know that, I thought they were being lazy.

Thanks

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Villa_Stateside said:

Its UEFA ffp that is the problem not the premier league. That is way more strict if not man city that is. Its closer to 30m. So if we want to get to Europe we need to be more sustainable than we are now. Not including covid losses 

Yea they could sell a player or something like that to comply though should it happen 

Here's the thing, the period these accounts cover is up to 31st May 2020, which means part of the 2019-20 season revenues isn't included because it happened after that. 

The next set of accounts will include that chunk of income, so, according to our statement, an additional £36.1m.

It'll also include a full season, so it'll be like this set, but with an additional £36.1m.

And we'll have finished higher in the league, so there will be more income from that.

And I think we spent a little less on transfers in the summer of 2020 than we did in the summer of 2019.

The only negative will be the lack of fans, with only the restricted attendance for Chelsea likely to be included.

So, in the very roughest of guesses, if we lost £15m in match day revenues, but gain £10m for finishing higher up the league and spent £20m less on players than the previous accounts, we'll be £15m up on those accounts before we start on TV revenues. Then if we add in the affect of the footballing calendar, you get an additional £72m-ish as well. That's us £87m better off in our next set of accounts.

I think we're in good shape - the vagaries of the footballing calendar make this set of figures look worse than they are and they'll make the next set look better than they are, but while I know it sounds bizarre, I'm not sure our £99m losses are actually any cause for great concern.

• Thanks 1

Still nothing published on companies house - not sure how long that takes.

I noticed we filed a "Resolution of adoption of Articles of Association" in mid March - I've not real idea of what that is and even less of what (if anything) it means.

Can anyone clever help?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I noticed we filed a "Resolution of adoption of Articles of Association" in mid March - I've not real idea of what that is and even less of what (if anything) it means.

Can anyone clever help?

Did the season ticket pro rata rebate show in this years or next years that is another few million.

4 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

That wouldn't get into the millions would it?

I thought most people had taken vouchers.

Even so it would hit the balance the next time they wanted a season ticket.

5 hours ago, paul514 said:

Even so it would hit the balance the next time they wanted a season ticket.

Yeah. 32000 season ticket holders at 100+ quid a pop is over 3 million quid either refunded or off next time's income.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, blandy said:

Yeah. 32000 season ticket holders at 100+ quid a pop is over 3 million quid either refunded or off next time's income.

if two thirds of the 30,000 season ticket holders went with vouchers then it won't hit until the accounts in two years time.

21 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Can anyone clever help?

Generally AoA are just administrative in nature. Voting rights/roles of directors etc. It’s basically the constitution for a business. Generally in a closed shop ownership with the two owners who are directly linked it means nothing. 
Every Ltd company, or PLC for that matter, has AoA, most of the time people just use the template companies house ones.

Generally it takes a week for account filings to show at companies house, however I note Villas are not due until 31st May due to the Covid extensions the govt gave. So it might be the case that Villa are yet to formally submit them, which they are well within their rights to do until end of May,

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, DevonIsAPlaceOnEarth said:

Generally AoA are just administrative in nature. Voting rights/roles of directors etc. It’s basically the constitution for a business. Generally in a closed shop ownership with the two owners who are directly linked it means nothing. 
Every Ltd company, or PLC for that matter, has AoA, most of the time people just use the template companies house ones.

Generally it takes a week for account filings to show at companies house, however I note Villas are not due until 31st May due to the Covid extensions the govt gave. So it might be the case that Villa are yet to formally submit them, which they are well within their rights to do until end of May,

Thank you - I had a look at them and it seemed that's what they were, but I couldn't figure out why they'd been filed at this point.

In terms of the accounts, I understand they were submitted on the 8th or 9th April, so I expect we'll see them very soon.

To offset the Covid effects on our budget why don't we set up a new league, invite the biggest clubs in Europe to play on Wednesday nights, no promotion or relegation for founder members so we make sure that the money just keeps coming in. 

I reckon everyone will love it, who's up for suggesting it to Purslow?

• Haha 3

Â