The AVFC FFP thread

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

We spent £21.1m on agents last season.

What was our matchday revenue again?

Bloody hell. £220m revenue so 10% of total revenue on agents.

• Shocked 1

3 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Who did we buy in that time? 

Tielemans, Diaby,  Torres, Rodgers. Then Zaniolo and Lenglet on loan. Anyone else I’m missing? 

Almost £4 a pop. 

Don’t forget Unai.

2 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

We spent £21.1m on agents last season.

What was our matchday revenue again?

Interesting listening to JJ Watt on the overlap that the thing that surprised him most about football vs NFL was the agents fees and it's like the wild wild West vs NFL.

Agents had a big anti competitive legal win in the summer led by the same legal team taking on FFP, technically they shouldn't be capped but they are definitely feeding off the huge amounts of money available in the PL and holding so much power on where a player moves.

Money has ruined football, and agents are a by-product of that. The horse has bolted.

Shows how important getting CL even for one season is. This huge revenue that Spurs have amassed over the past 15 years is a direct result of them finishing 4th in 2010 (notably at our expense) and establishing themselves in the made up "Big 6". We need to do something similar otherwise we'll always struggle getting our revenue up anywhere near our hopeful rivals.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, WallisFrizz said:

Don’t forget Unai.

Think this covers period Feb 23 to Feb 24 so Unai was before that. 

My guess was Tielemans was a large chunk of this £20m. 

Edited by villaglint

Chelsea passed PSR by selling a hotel owned by Todd Boehly's group for £75,000,000.

Who would by a football hotel for £75,000,000 I hear you ponder.

Well, I'll tell you.

Chelsea passed PSR by selling a hotel owned by Todd Boehly's group for £75,000,000 to a different group owned by Todd Boehly.

How do I make this Villa related? 

What assets can we sell back to NSWE, or a subsidiary of NSWE to join in with the mockery making of PSR? North Stand car park for £74,999,999 perhaps? (We don't want to copy Chelsea too much). 

FFP / PSR and absolute farce. Get in the **** bin.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, villaglint said:

Who did we buy in that time? 

Tielemans, Diaby,  Torres, Rodgers. Then Zaniolo and Lenglet on loan. Anyone else I’m missing? 

Almost £4 a pop. 

new contracts too

2 hours ago, Don_Simon said:

Chelsea passed PSR by selling a hotel owned by Todd Boehly's group for £75,000,000.

Who would by a football hotel for £75,000,000 I hear you ponder.

Well, I'll tell you.

Chelsea passed PSR by selling a hotel owned by Todd Boehly's group for £75,000,000 to a different group owned by Todd Boehly.

How do I make this Villa related? 

What assets can we sell back to NSWE, or a subsidiary of NSWE to join in with the mockery making of PSR? North Stand car park for £74,999,999 perhaps? (We don't want to copy Chelsea too much). 

FFP / PSR and absolute farce. Get in the **** bin.

We already sold Villa Park to NSWE and made mockery of PSR, so perhaps is Chelsea that copy us? 😊

You are making it sound like we are a victim here and Chelsea are the bad guys. 

Nobody has moral high ground here.

Edited by Czarnikjak
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Czarnikjak said:

We already sold Villa Park to NSWE and made mockery of PSR, so perhaps is Chelsea that copy us? 😊

You are making it sound like we are a victim here and Chelsea are the bad guys. 

Nobody has moral high ground here.

Touche.

Some of the weird stuff that came out when Xia was scraping round for the odd £100 was that we owned a small disused quarry. I wonder if a new company in oooh, let's say Egypt suddenly put in an order to Villa Aggregates Ltd. For 200 million tons of sand and gravel

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, meregreen said:

Agents fees should be the responsibility of the players.

I think the fees for using matchday staff to serve us beer at VP should be the responsibility of the fans. It's an idiotic statement.

But it's the same principle. You use an agency to secure a certain good for your business. 

Have you ever used a mortgage broker? Or maybe TUI? They are a 3rd party that provides a commodity that is more difficult to obtain themselves.

Agents charge clubs because clubs see value in paying say £1m extra for a transfer fee of £15m in order to secure a player they want. 

It is what it is. If I am Morgan Rogers do I send my CV to all PL clubs and call football directors to negotiate a deal? Or ask an agent to do that for me? 

6 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

Each player can choose their own agent. It's in players interest to pick one that get's on with different clubs.

I don't think it would be a good idea for a football federation to have a direct say in which player goes to what team. 

No, I'm not saying the agent would choose. The player and his family would choose after receiving advice from the agent on his options.

I don't see why an agent has to have a relationship with certain clubs either, that's part of the current problems. They should do just do their job, which would be making sure the player is properly represented, not taken advantage of, and get a contract that that reflects his talent.
I see no reason why some greasy ponce has to come in doing the same thing but screwing 50 times more than is warranted from all involved. Agents hurt the music industry and they've hurt sport too. Not all, but too many and too often.

Edit: sorry Blandy, I was already typing that. I'll say no more.

Edited by Mazrim
  • Like 1

Â