The AVFC FFP thread

19 hours ago, praisedmambo said:

I presume you're not basing this Hogan statement on having seen him play for Villa. That is because he has looked abysmal in 100% of the games he's played, even when he scored. He does absolutely nothing. 

Whatever. Why people have to be so extreme in their opinions of our own players is beyond me. On this forum I had an argument with a guy who wanted to sell Grealish for £5m so I think I'll let the football do the talking.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, hippo said:

Perhaps we should break away from the EFL and threaten to form our league, with just us and Doncaster in it - we would win the league every year ! 

Dunno about that.  I've got some bad memories of Doncaster!

• Like 1

I've never understood FFP and doubt I ever will. But I would rather we stayed on the right side of it then risking big fines or points deductions. We missed the boat getting up with the big boys a few years ago and I really can't see us getting near anytime soon. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Would people rather see the club sell bodymoor to keep grealish, or keep the training ground that produced players like Jack, and selling Grealish?

Personally flogging bodymoor would seem like a very bad idea imo.

the new train line is supposed to run through it

An awful lot of people appear to be assuming the Jack will want to stay. He needs to be playing premier league football next season to continue his development. I'll be astonished if he stays.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Getting up to a million extra for the Westwood transfer 

£800k, have to give Crewe 20%

I wonder if there are any other deals like this., maybe there are other bits and bobs we are not aware of. Every little helps?! 

• Like 1

What I don't understand is why didn't we sponsor Bodymoor Heath starting 2 years ago, sponsor the stands, sponsor Villa Park. 

If we could have earned say £2m in each of the last 2 seasons and £2m next season how much smaller would our FFP target be now? 

34 minutes ago, villakram said:

An awful lot of people appear to be assuming the Jack will want to stay. He needs to be playing premier league football next season to continue his development. I'll be astonished if he stays.

Says who?

I would suggest playing week in week out at his boyhood club and fighting to take them up would be just as if not MORE valuable.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, sidcow said:

£800k, have to give Crewe 20%

I wonder if there are any other deals like this., maybe there are other bits and bobs we are not aware of. Every little helps?! 

Apparently we have a sell on with Traore so be nice if Boro cash in , and perhaps something with Veretout as well 

3 minutes ago, Nabby said:

Apparently we have a sell on with Traore so be nice if Boro cash in , and perhaps something with Veretout as well 

Yeah sorry. I was already aware of these I was thinking about others, this has come something out of the Blue. 

Maybe we have money due for Carlos Sanchez or others. 

Just now, sidcow said:

Yeah sorry. I was already aware of these I was thinking about others, this has come something out of the Blue. 

Maybe we have money due for Carlos Sanchez or others. 

I doubt it ,Sanchez too old when we sold him that he would go anywhere else after for a bigger fee .Gueye we had to sell as had clause n contract so no chance we have a sell on with him or an extras for appearances 

2 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

The new train line clips a corner. I'm not sure what selling Bodymoor would give us - I'm not sure it would be easy to get planning permission to build anything profitable on it. 

I read somewhere that they had reached out to the government to see what they were going to get. Might just be for small part of it

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

What I don't understand is why didn't we sponsor Bodymoor Heath starting 2 years ago, sponsor the stands, sponsor Villa Park. 

If we could have earned say £2m in each of the last 2 seasons and £2m next season how much smaller would our FFP target be now? 

all comes back ro those at the top knowing what they are doing. the appointment of Rdm speaks volumes about tonys football knowledge.

dont expect the ffp plan to contain anything other than asset stripping.

Â