The AVFC FFP thread

15 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

Would people rather see the club sell bodymoor to keep grealish, or keep the training ground that produced players like Jack, and selling Grealish?

Personally flogging bodymoor would seem like a very bad idea imo.

Could we do both? Wasn't it mentioned that Recon might like to buy it? £45m would seem reasonable to me. ;) 

• Like 1

I love Grealish but he's just one player who probably has the talent to be playing Premier League football next season.

If he goes i'll be sad but it'll be worth it if it puts us in a better position to be promoted.

• Like 1

Seems press reports suggest JT has agreed  a substantial drop  in wages  to join derby . 

‘I wonder if we even considered making him a reduced offer , interesting to see if Bruce gets his way over making Hutton an offer too. 

6 hours ago, omariqy said:

Right I have had a go at an FFP spreadsheet!!! 

Two tables - the first shows the wages saved on the players leaving after their loan spells or contracts expiring. The second shows players who I would hope would leave and who are already scheduled to leave. Figures are estimates and I may have completely missed the point around wages saved (I read that you can use the total amount saved in this years FFP figures).

image.thumb.png.179c636ebcd34c4f85bfc150f0234cc2.png

I saw a neutral observer describe Hogan's contract as "eye-watering" - so there may be an underestimation there.

And I understand that Axel will be coming back next year

I that the Amavi fee will be in this years accounts - but why his wages since the transfer was made permanent ??

If we are forced to sell all our best players and not reinvest it we will get relegated. Do not think our youth players will step up and have us battling for playoffs. 

Id rather we kept decent players who wanted to stay and took a bloody points deduction. 

1 hour ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

I love Grealish but he's just one player who probably has the talent to be playing Premier League football next season.

If he goes i'll be sad but it'll be worth it if it puts us in a better position to be promoted.

How will it put us in a better position?

The money can't go to buying new players and making us better. And even if we could buy some they would not be better than him. Struggling to see how our position to get out the league improves with this sale. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, omariqy said:

Right I have had a go at an FFP spreadsheet!!! 

Two tables - the first shows the wages saved on the players leaving after their loan spells or contracts expiring. The second shows players who I would hope would leave and who are already scheduled to leave. Figures are estimates and I may have completely missed the point around wages saved (I read that you can use the total amount saved in this years FFP figures).

image.thumb.png.179c636ebcd34c4f85bfc150f0234cc2.png

Hi,

Interesting list here.

I might be stating the obvious but, we won't sell all of those players in all likely hood and free transfers/loan players will come in meaning we need that will go back onto the accounts.

As far as I can see there isn't a way to meet FFP unless you get rid of all the people you are mentioning and not bring anyone in.

Or

Sell Jack plus the players mentioned to bring in some frees/loan players

Or some sort of a mix with a new income stream such as selling the naming rights to the stadium/compensation for HS2 at bodymore?

Edited by paul1984
fixed my post as I messed the layout up

1 hour ago, paul1984 said:

Hi,

Interesting list here.

I might be stating the obvious but, we won't sell all of those players in all likely hood and free transfers/loan players will come in meaning we need that will go back onto the accounts.

As far as I can see there isn't a way to meet FFP unless you get rid of all the people you are mentioning and not bring anyone in.

Or

Sell Jack plus the players mentioned to bring in some frees/loan players

Or some sort of a mix with a new income stream such as selling the naming rights to the stadium/compensation for HS2 at bodymore?

True to an extent. We still have money left from Veretout and Westwood to come in. Plus maybe some Adama money. Then we have renaming bodymoor heath and any other way we can add revenue such as renaming the ground. If we can raise £10m from that then we have enough for some frees and loans. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, omariqy said:

True to an extent. We still have money left from Veretout and Westwood to come in. Plus maybe some Adama money. Then we have renaming bodymoor heath and any other way we can add revenue such as renaming the ground. If we can raise £10m from that then we have enough for some frees and loans. 

Do I not like that

2 hours ago, SirSteveUK said:

I saw a neutral observer describe Hogan's contract as "eye-watering" - so there may be an underestimation there.

And I understand that Axel will be coming back next year

I that the Amavi fee will be in this years accounts - but why his wages since the transfer was made permanent ??

35k is eye watering for any Championship player IMO.  I think a lot of those salary’s are overestimated. 

14 hours ago, Eastie said:

Seems press reports suggest JT has agreed  a substantial drop  in wages  to join derby . 

‘I wonder if we even considered making him a reduced offer , interesting to see if Bruce gets his way over making Hutton an offer too. 

I don't think the club ever intended to make JT another offer particularly if we failed to go up. It seems to me the club had packed the bags of all our loan players for them within an hour of our playoff final defeat. Sad to see the likes of JT, Snodders and Johnstone rushed out of the door so hastily but it seems to me it was an early painful taste of our new brand Austerity Villa.

6 hours ago, John said:

I don't think the club ever intended to make JT another offer particularly if we failed to go up. It seems to me the club had packed the bags of all our loan players for them within an hour of our playoff final defeat. Sad to see the likes of JT, Snodders and Johnstone rushed out of the door so hastily but it seems to me it was an early painful taste of our new brand Austerity Villa.

Jesus give the club a break. 

Their contracts ended with the final whistle, they were all due back to their Clubs.  What did you expect the Villa to do, build a departure lounge on the side of Villa Park and get them all sitting in complimentary massage chairs with free WiFi for a few days?

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Jesus give the club a break. 

Their contracts ended with the final whistle, they were all due back to their Clubs.  What did you expect the Villa to do, build a departure lounge on the side of Villa Park and get them all sitting in complimentary massage chairs with free WiFi for a few days?

Agreed their contracts had expired but it would have been nice to have been able to look at the possibility of offering new ones to one or two of them and keeping the heart of the team we had last season in the hope of having some prospect of promotion this. I appreciate that the club's cost cutting measures for FFP clearly include letting these players go I just wished there was some way other than weakening our first team so noticeably of doing it. I'm afraid that I can't pretend to be happy about seeing us facing a long stay in the wilderness because of the measures we are taking to satisfy the demands of FFP on our football club although I understand something has to be done.

22 hours ago, DCJonah said:

How will it put us in a better position?

The money can't go to buying new players and making us better. And even if we could buy some they would not be better than him. Struggling to see how our position to get out the league improves with this sale. 

What happens with Grealish is one of many decisions that will have to be made regarding how to structure our side for next year given our financial constraints, but it's the biggest deal we'll have and will make the biggest impact on our finances.

Basically, are we better with Grealish and a poorer supporting cast or a more balanced side? It'll depend on a variety of factors.

My main point was that if Grealish goes, he goes and my life as a Villa fan goes on. Maybe one day we'll get him back.

On 02/06/2018 at 18:33, Eastie said:

I think Hutton will be more likely to stay than John Terry ever was.

If we are honest, he is more dispensable than some of the others and going forward not in our interest to keep him especially under financial constraints.

Huttons wages will already have been lower too.

I'm assuming the board would prefer to invest more wisely for a defender.

To be honest I wanted us to get Flint from last summer.

On 02/06/2018 at 18:14, sidcow said:

When are we even due this HS2 compensation? I assume that's part of phase 2 of HS2 so will be years away yet. 

I don't know either but it will surely be before the work starts?

Â