The AVFC FFP thread

3 minutes ago, Hoof hearted said:

They can argue it's setting a legal precedence, if they dock us (or anyone else for that matter) points or demote a team you can bet your left knacker it's going to the high court. 

We will adhere to ffp rules and rightly so .

Edited by Eastie

8 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

Will people stop blaming Whelan for FFP? We signed for a million. The damage was done on players such as Mcormack, Tishbola, and later on Lansbury and Hogan who either never turned up or unperformed. 

Whelan is our scapegoat, its his fault for everything like them imaginary own goals he tried to score

• Like 2

I read somewhere that 12 clubs had broken FFP in our league alone last season.  Let's see what happens to them first before we start worrying. My guess is it will be a transfer ban nothing more.

• Like 1

When do we have to comply ?  I have Feb in my mind - but not sure ?

Also what will FFP look like 2019/20 - we loose another £13m in TV payments - So could we be in another round of firesales next August. ?

Personally I think we should get together with QPR and fight this thing. Saying that FFP is delivering exactly the kind of thing it was set up to avoid - IE bankrupting clubs. Football isn't profitable - yet we have 2 set owners wanting to invest - but the rules are forcing us into financial ruin.

1 minute ago, S-Platt said:

I read somewhere that 12 clubs had broken FFP in our league alone last season.  Let's see what happens to them first before we start worrying. My guess is it will be a transfer ban nothing more.

QPR have been hit with a £40m fine - they lost their initial appeal as well

• Like 1

Just now, hippo said:

Exactly - xia and wyness have made clear numerous times the club will abide by ffp rules - anyone thinking different is wasting their time .

18 minutes ago, hippo said:

40m about 5 years ago? That was only payable when they got relegated.  Such a genius idea to give a 40m fine to clubs that are skint!!  How do you pay 40m out the club's coffers without breaking FFP again it's farcical.

1 minute ago, S-Platt said:

40m about 5 years ago? That was only payable when they got relegated.  Such a genius idea to give a 40m fine to clubs that are skint!!  How do you pay 40m out the club's coffers without breaking FFP again it's farcical.

Sadly the whole rules are farcical - surely a restraint of trade in any other business 

Why are people talking about paying a fine? It's clear from Dr. X's statement that big cutbacks are on the way and we are going to end up like Cardiff or Leeds or Norwich, i.e. not spending big but hoping that we can find a good team/manager one season that's enough to get us promoted. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, sidcow said:

The more I look at it the more it seems selling Jack is the only answer. 

Definitely going to have the rename Villa Park I reckon and we are going to have to swallow it. 

I wouldn't say it's the only answer.

But it must be very tempting, if the club is facing a £40m gap and somebody was to offer us £25m+ for Jack, for the club to see it as by far the easiest option.

I just hope that all the talk of the club having a plan for if we didn't get promoted is true.

Interesting article. Worryingly for us it seems that a good whack of promoted clubs breach FFP - If we are going to play by the rules it puts us at even more of a disadvantage.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/10/24/qpr-ordered-pay-world-record-40million-ffp-fine-losing-three/

Queens Park Rangers have been ordered to pay a world-record £40million fine after losing a three-year battle against being found guilty of breaching Financial Fair Play rules during their most recent promotion-winning campaign.

The Championship club’s claim that the English Football League’s FFP regulations were “unlawful” and that the fine levied on them was “disproportionate” was dismissed by an arbitration panel, with both parties informed of the decision last week.

QPR confirmed on Tuesday they would be appealing a verdict that also spelt bad news for Leicester City and Bournemouth, both of whom were prepared to fight rulings they, too, effectively cheated their way to promotion in 2013-14 and 2014-15, respectively.

Acknowledging it had taken “a long time” for the matter to be resolved, EFL chief executive Shaun Harvey said: “This decision vindicates the approach of the EFL board in defending this challenge. The board will continue to enforce our rules on clubs to protect the interests of those that do comply.”

7 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Why are people talking about paying a fine? It's clear from Dr. X's statement that big cutbacks are on the way and we are going to end up like Cardiff or Leeds or Norwich, i.e. not spending big but hoping that we can find a good team/manager one season that's enough to get us promoted. 

I think people are looking for another way - beyond the direction Xia has given.

I think FFP will fall apart - but its just when. 

Does anyone know the impact of FFP next season?

I know we currently have this season to worry about, but say we were able to ride it out but unable to get promoted this season, what then happens?

Over the 3 years that are looked at for FFP, next season we lose the parachute payments completely but we are also not having to look at 2015/16 with the 80 million loss. Would we then be able to start spending extensively? Or would that be the following season from that?

Man City were making big noises about fighting ffp about three years ago. They along with other financially big clubs, Chelsea for example have surely been breaking the rules for years and yet nothing, apart from a slap on the wrist for  Citeh, has been done. In Europe PSG have been taking the p1ss. However all talk of fighting ffp seems to have gone quiet. Why? I smell a rat somewhere, clever clubs seem to be able to circumnavigate the rules and the authorities effectively  turn a blind eye. What  happened to the big stink about Wolves and Mendes? Suddenly he had nothing to do with the club?

We need  to get smart and quickly. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Man City were making big noises about fighting ffp about three years ago. They along with other financially big clubs, Chelsea for example have surely been breaking the rules for years and yet nothing, apart from a slap on the wrist for  Citeh, has been done. In Europe PSG have been taking the p1ss. However all talk of fighting ffp seems to have gone quiet. Why? I smell a rat somewhere, clever clubs seem to be able to circumnavigate the rules and the authorities effectively  turn a blind eye. What  happened to the big stink about Wolves and Mendes? Suddenly he had nothing to do with the club?

We need  to get smart and quickly. 

Couldn't agree more.

1 hour ago, Eastie said:

We will adhere to ffp rules and rightly so .

Oh, I'm not arguing we will Eastie, but, basically forcing a company into receivership by demanding monies they don't have is as unethical as it comes mate, why are the EFL so stringent on ffp all of a sudden anyway? Not enough in the coffers to pay for the office World cup jolly?

43 minutes ago, hippo said:

Interesting article. Worryingly for us it seems that a good whack of promoted clubs breach FFP - If we are going to play by the rules it puts us at even more of a disadvantage.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/10/24/qpr-ordered-pay-world-record-40million-ffp-fine-losing-three/

Queens Park Rangers have been ordered to pay a world-record £40million fine after losing a three-year battle against being found guilty of breaching Financial Fair Play rules during their most recent promotion-winning campaign.

The Championship club’s claim that the English Football League’s FFP regulations were “unlawful” and that the fine levied on them was “disproportionate” was dismissed by an arbitration panel, with both parties informed of the decision last week.

QPR confirmed on Tuesday they would be appealing a verdict that also spelt bad news for Leicester City and Bournemouth, both of whom were prepared to fight rulings they, too, effectively cheated their way to promotion in 2013-14 and 2014-15, respectively.

Acknowledging it had taken “a long time” for the matter to be resolved, EFL chief executive Shaun Harvey said: “This decision vindicates the approach of the EFL board in defending this challenge. The board will continue to enforce our rules on clubs to protect the interests of those that do comply.”

That is the quote of a politician and not a football man. Just proves to me that the EFL are a money laundering scheme.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Junxs said:

I wrote this in the Grealish thread but it's probably better here :

Its not just making up money by selling players, you can also make money up by saving on wages

For example 26m would be around £500k/w - Terry, Gabby and Hutton will all be on about 120k between them, selling some of the loaned out players will add to this, plus fees and wages for Jed , Whelan, Lansbury etc

It can be done without selling Jack

The other thing to consider is that article which stated we needed to make up 40m admitted it used the books from last year, now I don't know at which point the figures were taken.. But its not impossible they included all the wages of the 5 players we had on loan who have gone back which are wages we are no longer are paying. If you average it at 30k per player that's already another 150k/w less than last year. Journalists always try to over dramatise, I would not be surprised if, as things stand, we are not far off where we need to be but obviously not in a position to bring in new players until some leave. 

Completely agree. All depends on this year's losses, which would have been helped by January's frugality. Add in salary savings from returnee loans, shipping back out more of our players on loans and JT + Snodgrass wages and I think we are okay. 

Given the profit/loss calc is applied against book value, anything north of £9M for McCormack (wishful thinking) would be a 'profit' as well. 

B'ham Mail already overstating consensus by £10M precisely to over dramatize it. 

• Like 2

Â