The AVFC FFP thread

33 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

I read somewhere that they had reached out to the government to see what they were going to get. Might just be for small part of it

We lose a pitch and an entrance road - it's affected and we're involved in negotiations for compensation - but if we were to sell the whole thing, I'm not sure what people would be allowed to do with it - it's green belt land, you can't build houses on it and it would be a very expensive farm.

6 hours ago, hippo said:

all comes back ro those at the top knowing what they are doing. the appointment of Rdm speaks volumes about tonys football knowledge.

dont expect the ffp plan to contain anything other than asset stripping.

Just because Dr X’s first managerial appointment was a disaster, and he trusted him with the transfer budget, doesn’t mean that there is no plan in place for FFP. Get a grip. Wait and see.

I haven’t seen so much bedwetting since I visited my nan’s care home.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

Just because Dr X’s first managerial appointment was a disaster, and he trusted him with the transfer budget, doesn’t mean that there is no plan in place for FFP. Get a grip. Wait and see.

I haven’t seen so much bedwetting since I visited my nan’s care home.

Those with concerns always seem to be mocked and told to wait and see. And for the last 7/8 years, those concerns have all become valid and those worried about outcomes based on what they see usually correct. 

• Thanks 1

Come on Jonah. This is different to people saying “Bruce has failed and should go”. This is people demanding statements from the Owner and CEO every day since we lost the play-off final.

People are calling for the Dr to explain our exact plans to comply with FFP. What other club does that? 

Since losing play-off final 1-0, so many people have jumped on the Dr’s back, saying he’s clueless and should leave. We were one game away from promotion.

People are being mocked because they’re being stupid and acting like children.

Tell me what you’d like to do about our situation, other than waiting and seeing? Maybe set up Jonah’s Lemonade Stand to help the finances?

I’m assuming the answer to this is yes but does the cost of the scouting network come in to FFP? 

If not we should plough as much money as we can both home and abroad into our scouting network. We should know the pros and cons of every person kicking a football about in the world. The only signing in about the last ten years and probably longer were I can say I thought the was a good bit of scouting spotting something others hadn’t is with Benteke. Other than him I can’t think of anybody. 

I look at Spurs (who I hate more than any other club) and thre scouting where they picked up Kyle Walker from Sheffield United as a youngster and delli alli ( I know we were linked too) and Eric dier from Portugal. We never seem to be able to do things like that.

9 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

We lose a pitch and an entrance road - it's affected and we're involved in negotiations for compensation - but if we were to sell the whole thing, I'm not sure what people would be allowed to do with it - it's green belt land, you can't build houses on it and it would be a very expensive farm.

You sell it to a property owning company who lease it back to you for use as a training ground. 

It's common practice to sell and lease back buildings and land you own if you think you can make better use of the cash locked up in the property. 

Obviously the sale price takes into account the compensation due. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

Now it is believed Villa are due more money from Burnley because Westwood fulfilled the criteria for another clause – playing half the Clarets’ 2017-18 Premier League fixtures and helping them avoid relegation.

It could be as much as £1m, of which Crewe would be due 20%.

https://www.crewechronicle.co.uk/sport/football/crewe-alex-line-cash-boost-14723910

Nice little Brucey bonus.

2 hours ago, omariqy said:

Right I have had a go at an FFP spreadsheet!!! 

Two tables - the first shows the wages saved on the players leaving after their loan spells or contracts expiring. The second shows players who I would hope would leave and who are already scheduled to leave. Figures are estimates and I may have completely missed the point around wages saved (I read that you can use the total amount saved in this years FFP figures).

image.thumb.png.179c636ebcd34c4f85bfc150f0234cc2.png

Wow, good work, hope that's accurate- if it is and it can be achieved-Bingo

Two tables - the first shows the wages saved on the players leaving after their loan spells or contracts expiring. The second shows players who I would hope would leave and who are already scheduled to leave. Figures are estimates and I may have completely missed the point around wages saved (I read that you can use the total amount saved in this years FFP figures).

I think you've overestimated some of the wages, and unfortunately we're not going to get fees for some of the departing players so you are going to be several million out. 

It shows what a total disaster the McCormack signing has been.  He will be here sucking up wages for sure. 

Then again you've not included the potential ex player  income like Veretout, Westwood and Traore, and who know what sponsorship shennenegans will be going on.  Maybe we can breach this gap easier than we think. 

That's how I understand it as well. Just hope we can get those values for those players in this market when buyers know we are motivated sellers. 

Emotionally, it's going to be painful watching tiny clubs spend so much more than us.

Reading today that Cardiff are after Snods.

Edited by Pimlico_Villa
  • Sad 1

I wonder if any of the newer players have clauses which reduce their wages if we failed to get promotion. 

It would have been difficult but its the type of thing I would have tried to push through. 

14 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I think you've overestimated some of the wages, and unfortunately we're not going to get fees for some of the departing players so you are going to be several million out. 

It shows what a total disaster the McCormack signing has been.  He will be here sucking up wages for sure. 

Then again you've not included the potential ex player  income like Veretout, Westwood and Traore, and who know what sponsorship shennenegans will be going on.  Maybe we can breach this gap easier than we think. 

We are not going to get fees for most of the tat we want rid of, and worse we will be paying them too.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

We are not going to get fees for most of the tat we want rid of, and worse we will be paying them too.

The only ones that don't have transfers pretty much agreed are McCormack, Hogan, Lansbury, Whelan and Gardner. If we can get rid of 3 of those then that will be good. McCormack actually doesn't make that much of a difference. 

1 minute ago, omariqy said:

The only ones that don't have transfers pretty much agreed are McCormack, Hogan, Lansbury, Whelan and Gardner. If we can get rid of 3 of those then that will be good. McCormack actually doesn't make that much of a difference. 

Not for FFP he doesn't, but if he could get his head together and start doing his job properly, he could on the pitch where it counts

1 minute ago, omariqy said:

Good effort mate. Only problem i see.. we will need to buy 5-6 players + there wages as well. So may bring us under 40M again. Hopefully we rename the ground to make up for our 'spending spree' to replace the players we released/sold. 

Doesnt he have any mates in the Chinese football league. They can buy Grealish for 40 million. Loan him out to us. Then we can pay 15 million the year after and get him back. Tony can build them some houses or whatever he does over there ;)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, punkiller1981 said:

I’m assuming the answer to this is yes but does the cost of the scouting network come in to FFP? 

If not we should plough as much money as we can both home and abroad into our scouting network. We should know the pros and cons of every person kicking a football about in the world. The only signing in about the last ten years and probably longer were I can say I thought the was a good bit of scouting spotting something others hadn’t is with Benteke. Other than him I can’t think of anybody. 

I look at Spurs (who I hate more than any other club) and thre scouting where they picked up Kyle Walker from Sheffield United as a youngster and delli alli ( I know we were linked too) and Eric dier from Portugal. We never seem to be able to do things like that.

I'm shit, but I'll sign for £1000 a week plus relocation and travel expenses.

Might just happen to be ill when you play Bristol City too.

Â