The AVFC FFP thread

1 hour ago, gilbertoAVFC said:

Hogan is nowhere near as bad as people make out. Happy to keep him. Good attitude, when his confidence is up he is very capable at this level.

Kodjia has to be worth something surely.

Really ??? Hogan can barely stay upright, the ball often bounces off him, he can't beat a man, can't head a ball, can't retain possession. He is truly a woeful footballer I can't think of many players I have watched over the last 40 odd years who are so poor.

2 hours ago, Rodders said:

Mccormack we'd be lucky to sell for anything over £1m. Richards is sadly going nowhere. We need to get the best out of Hogan somehow

In that case, more sensible to keep him than to sell at a loss and book that loss for FFP.

• Like 1

Jack goes for 40 mill and the gap is only 25 mill as per that fan analysis then FFP is a thing of the past and a new manager has an adequate budget. No more massive contracts as Tony says (sustainable being key word). 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Jack goes for 40 mill and the gap is only 25 mill as per that fan analysis then FFP is a thing of the past and a new manager has an adequate budget. No more massive contracts as Tony says (sustainable being key word). 

I could live with that. But I think we will only get around £20m + Add ons

I think much will be determined by what bids come in for what players - I think they are all up for sale provided the price is reasonable.

The key is the profit we make on a player. All of that £40m would be classed as profit where as that wouldn't be the case when selling someone like Adomah, Hourihane etc.

• Like 2

Doesn't FFP conflict with the 'fit and proper owner test' that Tony went through before he could officially own Villa.

Its a test to make sure he has funds to run a football club - but then we have another set of rules saying he can not use those funds !!!!! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, hippo said:

Doesn't FFP conflict with the 'fit and proper owner test' that Tony went through before he could officially own Villa.

Its a test to make sure he has funds to run a football club - but then we have another set of rules saying he can not use those funds !!!!! 

It's because FFP is more geared towards stopping another Man City than it is stopping another Portsmouth.

• Like 1

Just now, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

It's because FFP is more geared towards stopping another Man City than it is stopping another Portsmouth.

Exactly it's a farce 

15 minutes ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

Unless you're Wolves. I know they went up but not without breaking FFP rules, they just hid it better than we can.

Not to rub salt into our wounds, but I've looked at Recon's finances as well. Recon is not public so can't see their accounts, but 2 of the 5 companies it owns are, hence Financials available (converting from CNY into £):

Lotus Health Group: Net Income of minus £10.9M. Based on today's share price it is worth £268M

Roma Group: Net Income of minus  £11.5K (Yes, that is thousands not millions, phew). Based on today's share price it is worth £21M

These figures are after Tax and Debt Service, but even Operating Profit is negative. 

Would caveat that these are only 2 of Xia's companies. Lets hope the other 3 are profit-making. 

Edited by Pimlico_Villa
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, gilbertoAVFC said:

Hogan is nowhere near as bad as people make out. Happy to keep him. Good attitude, when his confidence is up he is very capable at this level.

Kodjia has to be worth something surely.

I presume you're not basing this Hogan statement on having seen him play for Villa. That is because he has looked abysmal in 100% of the games he's played, even when he scored. He does absolutely nothing. 

Think you're being harsh on Hogan here. Yeah he hasn't scored lots but that's more down to the style/formation he's been played in. 

When he got 3 in 3 earlier in the year, we were playing some lovely attacking, possession based football. Something he needs.

He's not the big lone target man that Bruce employs up top

That and he never stops running when he's on the pitch. Chases everything 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Hairdo said:

Think you're being harsh on Hogan here. Yeah he hasn't scored lots but that's more down to the style/formation he's been played in. 

When he got 3 in 3 earlier in the year, we were playing some lovely attacking, possession based football. Something he needs.

He's not the big lone target man that Bruce employs up top

That and he never stops running when he's on the pitch. Chases everything 

Spot on, Hogan in the right system with the team set up to suit him will get 20+ goals a season at this level. If Bruce is still manager though might as well flog him to offload the wages! Shouldn't we be trying to reach some sort of compromise with Richards? 90% of his wages for the year if he just **** off and dies immediately or something? 

Hogan is a waste of space, yes the tactics haven't suited him but he has also missed a lot of sitters and generally good chances, plus his play on the ball is often a disaster. For his fee and reported wages north of £35k per week he has been an absolutely disgraceful signing.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Hogan is a waste of space, yes the tactics haven't suited him but he has also missed a lot of sitters and generally good chances, plus his play on the ball is often a disaster. For his fee and reported wages north of £35k per week he has been an absolutely disgraceful signing.

We will struggle to get anywhere near half what we paid for him as well - worked out to be a hugely disappointing signing 

1 hour ago, Pimlico_Villa said:

Not to rub salt into our wounds, but I've looked at Recon's finances as well. Recon is not public so can't see their accounts, but 2 of the 5 companies it owns are, hence Financials available (converting from CNY into £):

Lotus Health Group: Net Income of minus £10.9M. Based on today's share price it is worth £268M

Roma Group: Net Income of minus  £11.5K (Yes, that is thousands not millions, phew). Based on today's share price it is worth £21M

These figures are after Tax and Debt Service, but even Operating Profit is negative. 

Would caveat that these are only 2 of Xia's companies. Lets hope the other 3 are profit-making. 

but, debt is an asset \sarc

I'd worry that there is all sorts of intergroup accounting gimmickry at play. Given the mass use of non-GAAP accounting by companies that have some level of transparency, Recon is a shady enterprise if ever there was one.

3 hours ago, omariqy said:

The key is the profit we make on a player. All of that £40m would be classed as profit where as that wouldn't be the case when selling someone like Adomah, Hourihane etc.

So by that reckoning, even if we found some moron who was stupid enough to buy McCormack off us, unless they bought him for over £12 million none of that would affect FFP? Or am i wayyyyy wide of the mark?

Â