The AVFC FFP thread

4 minutes ago, sidcow said:

The whole PL TV deal is up again next week too.  They rolled over the existing for an extra year.

You can bet there will be Amazon and/or other streaming services banging down the door.  Wouldn't be surprised to see another bug uplift in TV broadcast income.  We may be gambling a bit on that already, the future instalments on some of these players might be far less relevant.

DAZN too, they're buying BT Sports football rights

18 minutes ago, sidcow said:

You can bet there will be Amazon and/or other streaming services banging down the door.  Wouldn't be surprised to see another bug uplift in TV broadcast income.

The overseas rights are getting divvied up differently, though - the Snake 6 clubs are getting a much bigger share, instead of it being split pretty evenly.

43 minutes ago, sidcow said:

The whole PL TV deal is up again next week too.  They rolled over the existing for an extra year.

You can bet there will be Amazon and/or other streaming services banging down the door.  Wouldn't be surprised to see another big uplift in TV broadcast income.  We may be gambling a bit on that already, the future instalments on some of these players might be far less relevant.

I thought it was the same deal for a whole cycle not just a year.....

If you're right that is good news for us as I believe soon an online service will take the rights paying far more.

56 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

I am sure it will be another move by the scum 6 to have more of their own tv rights like barca or madrid in spain

They will fail. 14 will always outvote them and will ignore them more these days due to the Super League attempt.

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

The big income boost in this financial year will be the TV money we moved over from the previous year in our accounting - there's £33.1m of income that will be reported in this year as a result - that plus the underlying increases on TV deals and our better Premier league finishing position should see us post record incomes and I'm very much hopeful we'll report top line incomes of over £200m, well up on the £112.6m last year - it's our increasing top line that will decide whether we can close the gap on those above us.

Yes. This is what i am hoping . Our tv and premier league award for last year was 123 mill down from 130 mill due to the covid rebate.  

Anyone know when our deal with Cazoo is up? With all these big name links with massive social media followings including Gerrard himself, I think we are in a prime position to get a much more profitable shirt sponsor deal. Would be nice if it was in time for next season but that would depend on Cazoo only being 2 years.

20 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Anyone know when our deal with Cazoo is up? With all these big name links with massive social media followings including Gerrard himself, I think we are in a prime position to get a much more profitable shirt sponsor deal. Would be nice if it was in time for next season but that would depend on Cazoo only being 2 years.

In summer, same as our Kappa deal

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I was just thinking about pre season. 

If we're (hopefully) finishing as a top 10 PL team, with Steve Gerrard as our manager and Phil Coutinho playing for us, will we see a return of high profile very lucrative televised pre season tournament invitations? 

That is a big area of substantial income we've been missing for a long time. 

Looking at the figures it seems we still have healthy headroom to spend in the Summer but I wonder how our wage bill has been impacted by the new signings. I suppose the extension of some new contracts may bring the amortisation value down depending on the wages on offer. 

30 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Looking at the figures it seems we still have healthy headroom to spend in the Summer but I wonder how our wage bill has been impacted by the new signings. I suppose the extension of some new contracts may bring the amortisation value down depending on the wages on offer. 

Our full accounts for last season are due to be released within next month or two. That should give us good reference point to estimate current ffp and wage situation.

25 minutes ago, omariqy said:

I would guess our wages might look a lot better if we offload the following 7 players (at least):

Hourihane, Young - out of contract

Steer, Guilbert, El Ghazi, Trez, Kalinic - Sell due to last year of contract

even conservatively, that must account for 150k p/w +?

Thats without offloading other players like Davis, Wesley, Targett etc,

On 14/01/2022 at 13:07, MWARLEY2 said:

Yes. This is what i am hoping . Our tv and premier league award for last year was 123 mill down from 130 mill due to the covid rebate.  

There might be a smaller rebate for this season as well due to the cancelled games.

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, MaVilla said:

sooo..

whats our expected FFP position, leading up to the summer?

Should still have some leeway to spend based on Gerrards comments about strengthening further in the summer.  

But i guess not a huge amount without also selling some players for fees, especially if we take up the option of making Coutinho permanent,

3 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Should still have some leeway to spend based on Gerrards comments about strengthening further in the summer.  

But i guess not a huge amount without also selling some players for fees, especially if we take up the option of making Coutinho permanent,

and Purslow mentioned a big summer…

Â