The AVFC FFP thread

On 29/09/2021 at 18:19, Czarnikjak said:

Bigger problem is, if you said f to ffp, you wouldn't be allowed into European Competitions by UEFA, which defeats the whole purpose of spending big in the first place.

The likes of Man City and PSG have been flaunting the rules for years and have not been close to being banned from European competition. The system is a joke and those who administer it are clowns. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

The likes of Man City and PSG have been flaunting the rules for years and have not been close to being banned from European competition. The system is a joke and those who administer it are clowns. 

They’ve been flaunting and bending them but didn’t openly say F to them. City have come close to being banned for 2 years. Look at Inter, they were banned from Europe.

This is all a bit irrelevant now anyway, with FFP being reformed into Salary Cap soon.

4 minutes ago, Czarnikjak said:

They’ve been flaunting and bending them but didn’t openly say F to them. City have come close to being banned for 2 years. Look at Inter, they were banned from Europe.

This is all a bit irrelevant now anyway, with FFP being reformed into Salary Cap soon.

we need to come up with some seriously creative ways to increase our turnover real quick then......

13 hours ago, hippo said:

It's another hurdle to overcome. The real risk isn't Newcastle. The risk our owners get bored of hemorrhaging cash to finish around 6-10th.

Despite the academy kids, if we want to crack the top 4 we are going to need to invest significantly once again.

Palace are worth over 4 billion but still doesn't stop them having  a sh*thole of a stadium.

17 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

To be fair, wealth wise, we are still in a rather good position. Now, it's just down to being managed brilliantly.

The issue I will have, is if the pricked decide to start trying to poach our young players, for example.

Our model and trajectory further protects us from abject failure aside from that.

FB_IMG_1633632236894.jpg

Early days but relegation remains a real threat for Newcastle, they are surely not able to overhaul themselves in one transfer window? That would be such a wonderful thing wouldnt it!

Screenshot 2021-10-08 at 13.40.59.png

Edited by thunderball

1 minute ago, thunderball said:

Relegation remains a real threat for Newcastle, they are surely not able to overhaul themselves in one transfer window? That would be such a wonderful thing wouldnt it!

It is a real threat, but appointing competent manager to replace Bruce will immediately improve their chances.

As to overhauling their squad in January, they can do quite a lot of they wished to. They have substantial FFP surplus due to Ashley's aversion to spending, they could easily spend over £200m in January without breaching Premier League P&S rules.

It's unlikely that they will spend that much in January mind you, it's not the best window to spend, but if they had to to get them out of trouble, they could.

• Like 2

I reckon the whole league should go all out to relegate the fekkers now. But of course i guess they'll buy a slice of the corruption pie and work their way onto the FA's "protected list" along with the scummy 6. Penalties aplenty and VAR blind spots await no doubt. Clearly something dodgy has already taken place for them to be allowed to takeover at all. Maybe they dealt with the objectors in the same way they normally do? Or are you telling me some ridiculous and apparently "legally binding Piece of paper promising that the state of SA would not be in charge of the club" is anything more than a pathetic piece of spin drummed up by the FA which they think they can hide behind as the reason they have gone back on their word? In other words they are trying to say "It's our money but we're not running it".... Yeah whatever! Clearly some brown paper bags have exchanged hands at government level somewhere and the word has been given. On that point i thought Boris Johnson had stated it should not go ahead? Very quiet now no?

I suppose we are now looking at the scummy 7 as that kind of wealth buys you a seat at the exclusive table straight away. No doubt any break away proposal would now suddenly see fit to include Newcastle.

I've No issue with their fans as they are a passionate bunch who have been starved of success by their version of Doug Eliis (Mike Ashley) for a long time... Not as long as we had to endure Mr Ellis for mind you!

Football really is pretty pointless now and corruption continues to rule at FA Towers.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, danceoftheshamen said:

Clearly something dodgy has already taken place for them to be allowed to takeover at all.

There is simple answer to what happend, on Wednesday to be precise.

Saudi Arabia allowed Bein Sports to broadcast again and promised to crackdown on piracy.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

And gave them a £700m apology.

Bein Sports are asking for 1B $ in damages (£700m) but the settlement in that case has not been reached yet, not officially at least. I don't think they will pay them the full £700m but that's inconsequential now.

2 minutes ago, Czarnikjak said:

There is simple answer to what happend, on Wednesday to be precise.

Saudi Arabia allowed Bein Sports to broadcast again and promised to crackdown on piracy.

Oh i see, so Saudi Arabia... "The State of" came to an agreement to stop one of the crimes it was involved with and suddenly the football club which they apparently won't be running even though it's their money, (We know because a legally binding piece of paper says so don't you know) is allowed to be sold to them?! Hmmn??!!  I think i can see how the FA works now... "Do this and we'll do that" Interesting.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Czarnikjak said:

Bein Sports are asking for 1B $ in damages (£700m) but the settlement in that case has not been reached yet, not officially at least. I don't think they will pay them the full £700m but that's inconsequential now.

It's being reported as having already been paid. In full.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

It's being reported as having already been paid. In full.

The prince probably has a much better posture now he's cleared all of that out from the back of the sofa. :( 

• Haha 2

This is quite funny.

Kieran Maguire describing some ways around ffp:

“Another is being clever with contracts. There is one club in the English Championship who got around FFP with some clever accounting not all that long ago.

“They were signing a player who would become the club’s top earner, and whose deal would then trigger clauses for other players to get pay rises, pushing them over the threshold. So instead of paying the player their full wage, they employed his mother as a scout and paid her the rest of his money.”

https://www.newcastleworld.com/sport/football/newcastle-united/clever-accounting-ffp-kieran-maguire-puts-newcastle-uniteds-possible-transfer-spends-under-the-microscope-3414715

Edited by Czarnikjak
  • Haha 1

All well run clubs, including us, get around FFP by various loopholes, bribes and dodges. Its only poor clubs or those in the lower leagues who FFP really impacts.

Hopefully Newcastle being the latest to ignore it (and they will) can be a catalyst for FFP finally being thrown in the bin where it belongs.  FFP is just a useless burden on football hurting modest clubs the most who who cant afford to get around it.

On 08/10/2021 at 09:38, villalad21 said:

Newcastle can just get around FFP like Man City has done.

By getting those ridiculous sponsorship deals. Silly amount of yearly income and they can spend crazy money.

That is no longer permitted and they will not be able to exploit it.

2 hours ago, Peter Griffin said:

That is no longer permitted and they will not be able to exploit it.

People seem to overlook that Chelsea and City don’t actually do this anymore. The reason they can handle FFP is they were able to throw stupid money at players before FFP and become a top European club at the right time. Before tv money exploded and players transfer fee’s/wages followed.  After that point it’s just a case of buying and selling whilst continuing to take in big revenue.  They have laid the foundations.

I honestly don’t think Newcastle can do what City and Chelsea once did. But they can still obviously improve massively.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 4

On 11/10/2021 at 20:46, Czarnikjak said:

This is quite funny.

Kieran Maguire describing some ways around ffp:

“Another is being clever with contracts. There is one club in the English Championship who got around FFP with some clever accounting not all that long ago.

“They were signing a player who would become the club’s top earner, and whose deal would then trigger clauses for other players to get pay rises, pushing them over the threshold. So instead of paying the player their full wage, they employed his mother as a scout and paid her the rest of his money.”

https://www.newcastleworld.com/sport/football/newcastle-united/clever-accounting-ffp-kieran-maguire-puts-newcastle-uniteds-possible-transfer-spends-under-the-microscope-3414715

I always wondered how Wolves dodged FFP. 

Â