The AVFC FFP thread

12 minutes ago, Czarnikjak said:

It was 137m in the last set of published accounts for Season 20/21.

Anyone fancy adjusting for arrivals/departures/new contracts since then?

From reports online I think Ings, Digne, Bailey, Buendia, Coutinho, Carlos and Kamara are all on about 6-7 million a year. Olsen and Young probably on 2 million and Augustinsson 3 million

Emi got a new deal as well so probably also in the highest paid bracket. Ramsey and Cash probably gone up to 4 million a year

On 16/08/2022 at 12:41, Zatman said:

From reports online I think Ings, Digne, Bailey, Buendia, Coutinho, Carlos and Kamara are all on about 6-7 million a year. Olsen and Young probably on 2 million and Augustinsson 3 million

Emi got a new deal as well so probably also in the highest paid bracket. Ramsey and Cash probably gone up to 4 million a year

Spotrac says Villa now have the highest wage bill outside the big 6. Still some way up to Arsenal and Spurs, but according to them Villa are above Everton and Leicester from this season.

https://www.spotrac.com/Premier League/

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Spotrac says Villa now have the highest wage bill outside the big 6. Still some way up to Arsenal and Spurs, but according to them Villa are above Everton and Leicester from this season.

https://www.spotrac.com/Premier League/

Yeah this site has been shared before and always looks like complete nonsense. Not sure can take anything from it.

• Like 1

Sporttrac is known to be way off. I think the best way to judge it for us is to use the last accounts data and then adjust for incomings/outgoings.  You would think we would be at nearly £170m to £180m. We’ve lost Jack, Trez, Samatta, Targett so a combined £10m a year combined probably. 

11 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Sporttrac is known to be way off. I think the best way to judge it for us is to use the last accounts data and then adjust for incomings/outgoings.  You would think we would be at nearly £170m to £180m. We’ve lost Jack, Trez, Samatta, Targett so a combined £10m a year combined probably. 

If we are at 170-180 player wages would have increased with about 40m. Doesn’t that sound high? We’ve added four high earners who are on 6-7m each per year.

25 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Lots of issues with their figures, but it’s still the most used resource since the others are worse.

they havent updated some of the numbers. Ramsey on 390k a year isnt correct and Emi 2.9 million

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

they havent updated some of the numbers. Ramsey on 390k a year isnt correct and Emi 2.9 million

Yes, lots of holes in it. Carlos isn’t even in there. Most likely it’s the same for all teams. But I believe the general trend it shows about the wage bill in relation to the competition.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

If we are at 170-180 player wages would have increased with about 40m. Doesn’t that sound high? We’ve added four high earners who are on 6-7m each per year.

Ings - £100k to £125k pw

Digne - £125k pw 

Bailey - £80k

Buendia - £70k

Coutinho - £150k

Carlos - £80k

Kamara - £125k

Just pure guesswork but I imagine it won’t be far off. That is £40m right there. 

24 minutes ago, omariqy said:

I had rough look at this a while back and estimated employee costs about £150m for 2022 and £170m 2023. Amortisation up round the £75-80m mark for 2022 and a similar level for 2023. Turnover hard to judge given everything going on in the last few years of accounts but I'd estimated £162m turnover for 2022. Assuming this is accurate and at worst case maintained and everything else fairly equal for following years, we should as it stands have about £30-40m to play with in the 2023 FFP check (assuming the methodology same as 2021?) but 2024 will be an issue without significant further sales, increases in revenue, etc.

On 16/08/2022 at 11:25, Czarnikjak said:

It was 137m in the last set of published accounts for Season 20/21.

Anyone fancy adjusting for arrivals/departures/new contracts since then?

I would say we have added 25m/30m to the wage bill of players. But Gerrard is now on 7m+ where Deano was on less than 2m and no doubt Purslow has had a pay rise. Scary numbers

3 minutes ago, tomsky_11 said:

I had rough look at this a while back and estimated employee costs about £150m for 2022 and £170m 2023. Amortisation up round the £75-80m mark for 2022 and a similar level for 2023. Turnover hard to judge given everything going on in the last few years of accounts but I'd estimated £162m turnover for 2022. Assuming this is accurate and at worst case maintained and everything else fairly equal for following years, we should as it stands have about £30-40m to play with in the 2023 FFP check (assuming the methodology same as 2021?) but 2024 will be an issue without significant further sales, increases in revenue, etc.

This seems reasonable.  

And I think NSWE and Purslow know the quickest way to increase revenue is to qualify for Europe. Which is our target. 

But if we don’t qualify for Europe, things get tighter with revenue and FFP, especially if we then need more players to make another push next season.

7 minutes ago, tomsky_11 said:

Jack's 100m will be included in 21/22 accounts

26 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Ings - £100k to £125k pw

Digne - £125k pw 

Bailey - £80k

Buendia - £70k

Coutinho - £150k

Carlos - £80k

Kamara - £125k

Just pure guesswork but I imagine it won’t be far off. That is £40m right there. 

I plus Ramsey, Emi and Cash got big pay increases as well in the last season. Hause got a new deal too

Given that Everton just missed out on hitting their FFP target by £200m and don't seem to have been given any real punishments whatsoever, I can't help but feel that it's unlikely that it's fear of breaching the FFP rules that's currently dominating the thinking of most Premier league teams.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Given that Everton just missed out on hitting their FFP target by £200m and don't seem to have been given any real punishments whatsoever, I can't help but feel that it's unlikely that it's fear of breaching the FFP rules that's currently dominating the thinking of most Premier league teams.

In fairness though, the FFP assessment doesn't have them breaching FFP as they were able to exploit the measures introduced due to Covid to help ease FFP requirements for clubs

5 hours ago, Peter Griffin said:

Jack's 100m will be included in 21/22 accounts

Yes. It’s not turnover though.

My £162m is broken out as:

Gates £16.5m

Broadcast £117.5m

Sponsorship £15m

Commercial £13m

Tbh I did this when the last accounts came out around Nov last year I think, so can’t fully remember how got to these figures. The broadcast looks like the avg of 20 and 21 figures. The others are either same or a small increase on the last season they appear to be unaffected by one off issues eg covid. 

2 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Unless we are serious about getting to Europe one day, where clubs get regularly punished for breaking ffp (unless you're psg or city obviously).

To make matters worse, uefa ffp is now changing and will take form of 70% wages/revenue cap. This will totally screw us over as we are easily exceeding 70% already. I'm fact, with numbers quoted in last few posts here, we might be getting close to 100% soon.

Â