Odsonne Edouard

ramshackler

13 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

I think it’s a risk personally. Certainly need another striker in my opinion. I still don’t particularly rate Davis either. Ok as a sub I suppose but starting games in the PL? Not for me. 

Who Eduoard former PSG that Arsenal supposedly interested in? Yeah not good enough for us 🙄

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

I think it’s a risk personally. Certainly need another striker in my opinion. I still don’t particularly rate Davis either. Ok as a sub I suppose but starting games in the PL? Not for me. 

Watkins will start all games with Davis as sub and Traore as cover... Then there is Wesley to hopefully come back at some point and cost 22m.. 

Are we really gonna pay all that money for Edouard to sit on the bench, or move Watkins to the wing when it all points to him being purchased as a striker?  

it’s unlikely we will play 2 up front and is unlikely we are buying this dude even though he does look a player for sure 

• Like 2

Listening to Dave Jordan on that podcast with Johnny Gould this is one we could potentially do late in the window if Celtic are desperate for cash flow, as he refers to financially distressed clubs needing money. These would be a prime example with no gate receipts and no CL money coming in this season again. 

Edited by villan-scott

19 minutes ago, Cosmik Debris said:

Watkins will start all games with Davis as sub and Traore as cover... Then there is Wesley to hopefully come back at some point and cost 22m.. 

If Watkins picks up an injury and knowing our luck he will we are left with Wesley as our other main striker and Davis/Traore as alternative to “fill the gap”.. doesn’t exactly fill you with confidence. Davis scoring record is pretty woeful to be honest and Traore well who knows I’m personally not expecting much. Wesley has been out a long time aswell. Edouard probably isn’t the answer as fee and probably wages would be high for someone not starting games.. still feel we need another striker though. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

If Watkins picks up an injury and knowing our luck he will we are left with Wesley as our other main striker and Davis/Traore as alternative to “fill the gap”.. doesn’t exactly fill you with confidence. Davis scoring record is pretty woeful to be honest and Traore well who knows I’m personally not expecting much. Wesley has been out a long time aswell. Edouard probably isn’t the answer as fee and probably wages would be high for someone not starting games.. still feel we need another striker though. 

This ain’t a dig as I am guilty of this too be we are all getting carried away with things. To be a real force again we need to build a team over time so another striker shouldn’t be on our shopping list till we strengthen other areas.  

Our realistic goal is mid table stability so a CB , LB I feel are the the potential pitfalls facing us. Hause struggles and Taylor is a liability, we have got in Martinez who should help but a striker is defo on the nice to have and not a priority in any way.

Edited by Cosmik Debris
  • Like 1

Surely we sign players in terms of first team material, and squad rotation / backup options. 

Now Ollie is guaranteed to be a first team player. We are not in a position to buy a striker for £ 28-33 million and bench him. Nor do I think it will happen. He's been pitched the story of being Villa's main striker and that's what he will be.

If we signed Edward, he'd be fighting in direct competition with Ollie. Anyone think that's likely? Anyone think Ollie or Edward having any interest in that? I don't. There needs to be some harmony to the signings beeing made. Just like any other work place it's horses for courses. 

I think it's way more likely we will sign another striker that will be young'ish. 20-21 and with good pace for around £ 15-20 million. I seriously doubt £ 40 million for Edward is even something we talk about at Villa Park. 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Now Ollie is guaranteed to be a first team player. We are not in a position to buy a striker for £ 28-33 million and bench him.

If we signed Edward, he'd be fighting in direct competition with Ollie. Anyone think that's likely? 

I think it's way more likely we will sign another striker that will be young'ish. 20-21 and with good pace for around £ 15-20 million. I seriously doubt £ 40 million for Edward is even something we talk about at Villa Park. 

Jim Carrey Chance GIF

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Surely we sign players in terms of first team material, and squad rotation / backup options. 

Now Ollie is guaranteed to be a first team player. We are not in a position to buy a striker for £ 28-33 million and bench him. Nor do I think it will happen. He's been pitched the story of being Villa's main striker and that's what he will be.

If we signed Edward, he'd be fighting in direct competition with Ollie. Anyone think that's likely? Anyone think Ollie or Edward having any interest in that? I don't. There needs to be some harmony to the signings beeing made. Just like any other work place it's horses for courses. 

Tbh, I don't think we'll sign another striker. Watkins with Davis as back-up until Wesley is back fit will suffice IMO, especially if we get Rashica in, as he can play there if needs be. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

I'd love this to happen but now we have Ollie and Traore and Rashica inbound, I'd rather get another CB in. 

On the other hand the games are close together this year and would allow them alot more rotation than just relying on ollie all season 

Rachica inbound ...... Is That So Season 10 GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Yes exactly this. Edouard on top of Watkins whilst extremely exciting just doesnt make any sense. Someone up and coming does make sense. Rhian Brewster actually makes a lot of sense even though Shef Utd seem to be in the lead for him. Although if we are interested even Wilder himself has said they can't compete with us. 

Only thing with Brewster if Watkins picks up and injury and Wesley is still not back/fit. Can Brewster lead the line on his own in the Premier League. I have no idea as I've never seen him play but he doesn't look the strongest player at this stage in his career. 

2 hours ago, villan-scott said:

Listening to Dave Jordan on that podcast with Johnny Gould this is one we could potentially do late in the window if Celtic are desperate for cash flow, as he refers to financially distressed clubs needing money. These would be a prime example with no gate receipts and no CL money coming in this season again. 

I'd like to think we will see more arrivals and I think we will. 

I've now warmed to idea of this one happening but I also won't be too disappointed if it doesn't.

He would be a great addition to any team.

5 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Can Edouard play anywhere across the front 3 or more a traditional centre forward?  It might be that King might be a better bet, if a less exciting signing, for what we need right now.

He's mainly a centre forward but can also play AMR position.

• Like 1

Â