Odsonne Edouard

ramshackler

3 hours ago, Cosmik Debris said:

Watkins will start all games with Davis as sub and Traore as cover... Then there is Wesley to hopefully come back at some point and cost 22m.. 

Are we really gonna pay all that money for Edouard to sit on the bench, or move Watkins to the wing when it all points to him being purchased as a striker?  

it’s unlikely we will play 2 up front and is unlikely we are buying this dude even though he does look a player for sure 

I actually have a feeling we might see 3 - 5 - 2 and even 3 - 4 - 3 switches at some point. I think Deano will have learnt last season that we can be flexible, if we have the players to do it (Against different types of opposition).

Based on the signings and rumoured signings, we will very much have the personnel.

When he stopped being stubborn and switched formation a couple of times it worked a treat until we got sussed out as we never had adaptable players.

So you never know, at times we really could see 2 or even 3 forwards.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

I wouldn't rule anything out.

We have Watkins and Jack who can fulfil different roles, and we're targeting Traore and Rashica who can as well. Add another CF, and that's 5 people with 4 starting slots to fill, in a busy, shortened season.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Does anyone know the intricacies of profit % clauses.  Would Celtic liable for for the financial value of swop players so say we signed Edouard in a deal worth £40million which was made up with £25mill cash and the rest players. Would they pay % on the cash only or the deal overall... hope this makes sense ?! 

23 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Does anyone know the intricacies of profit % clauses.  Would Celtic liable for for the financial value of swop players so say we signed Edouard in a deal worth £40million which was made up with £25mill cash and the rest players. Would they pay % on the cash only or the deal overall... hope this makes sense ?! 

The value of the players would be taken into account. So they’d pay whatever the total value is based on the value of the players.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, avfcDJ said:

The value of the players would be taken into account. So they’d pay whatever the total value is based on the value of the players.

I was just wondering if player exchange could be a work around - lowering the amount Celtic needed to pass onto PSG...

Fulham did a dodgy deal a few years ago with Le Marchand & Serri so the selling club didn’t need to pass on as much % by overpaying for former and less for the latter. 

14 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I agree.

We've done good business and don't look like finishing yet.

I hope we can pull this signing off too.

happy kenneth williams GIF

New to this Gif response milarky, have I don't this right?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Really can't see us signing Odsonne Edouard.

We need another striker but as others have said I don't think we need to splash a huge amount of the budget on this guy.

Although if somehow we did sign him he'd be a good signing as long as we were still able to strengthen in the other positions we need to.

Edited by Brumstopdogs
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Was on the bench today. They made 5 subs and none of them were Edouard. Are they expecting him to leave?

As he’s their best player (by miles), it seems likely. But to us?

That would have McNumpty choking on his tax payer funded croissants. 

38 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Not sure, but they will both provide good quality squad depth for a hectic season.

On a serious note I did say for England Jack should be used in a 3 -2 - 4-1 formation. It can work but might be too complicated for modern footballers.

1 hour ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Was on the bench today. They made 5 subs and none of them were Edouard. Are they expecting him to leave?

Lennon would have rested him for more difficult opposition. Most of the second half they were comfortably 2 goals to the good and coasting so no need to bring him on in Lennons eyes.

Livvy have some tough "tacklers" at the back so not worth the risk. 

Edited by newhavenhibby
  • Like 1

Â