Odsonne Edouard

ramshackler

1 hour ago, newhavenhibby said:

Lennon would have rested him for more difficult opposition. Most of the second half they were comfortably 2 goals to the good and coasting so no need to bring him on in Lennons eyes.

Livvy have some tough "tacklers" at the back so not worth the risk. 

Thanks for the insight 

25 minutes ago, catanzaro said:

Thanks for the insight 

Lennon just said......... on talking to Edouard yesterday that he was tired having played for France and then against St Mirren on Wednesday night.

He wanted him fresh for their Europa game against Riga next week.

He also didn't rule out that he would be staying at Celtic Park this transfer window.............so you never know.🤞

• Like 2

1 minute ago, newhavenhibby said:

Lennon just said......... on talking to Edouard yesterday, that he was tired having played for France and then against St Mirren on Wednesday night.

He also didn't rule out that he would be leaving Celtic Park this transfer window.............so you never know.🤞

Edited by newhavenhibby
  • Like 2

On 19/09/2020 at 20:37, newhavenhibby said:

Lennon just said......... on talking to Edouard yesterday that he was tired having played for France and then against St Mirren on Wednesday night.

He also didn't rule out that he would be staying at Celtic Park this transfer window.............so you never know.🤞

I've a feeling it will be a deadline day deal if it's going to happen.

I dont know about this guy.I mean scoring a goal every 2 games ( or even every game ) does not mean much to me when you consider his goals are against teams like Partick thistle and Kilmarnock etc etc etc.With all due respect to those teams.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

I dont know about this guy.I mean scoring a goal every 2 games ( or even every game ) does not mean much to me when you consider his goals are against teams like Partick thistle and Kilmarnock etc etc etc.With all due respect to those teams.

That is precisely the reason you never see a current top six team in the PL sign players from the SPL. Maybe we should get in there first, however do we have the money?

Even Van Dijk had to prove himself at Southampton first.

Edited by Zhan_Zhuang
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Mr_Dogg said:

Anyone else think this signing simply won't happen?

30 million plus to compete with Watkins? 

Of course, there's not a chance this will happen.

Thread should have been closed about a month ago really. Where have the links to him been in the last few weeks to us?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

Talking of strikers briefly of strikers with 1 in 2 ratio's of goals per game stats, Darren Bent is the closest to that stat that I can think of as an example, he once played for Ipswich and Charlton Athletic before he moved on to Spurs, Sunderland and Villa.

What i'm saying is, I like the fact that Edouard has played on big European stages with Celtic and scored goals in these games too.

I think there are more positives than negatives to this striker.

• Like 2

Everyone knows we have higher priorities than another striker, e.g. CM, CB & LB. If we do sign Edouard for anything like the reported asking price, then the owners are slapping their financial tackle onto the premier league table in a big way. 

Assuming Rashica costs approx £20M, and Edouard around £35M, the gross spend could easily be well over £150M by the end of the window. 

We’ve struck gold with these fellas, it’s dreamland stuff. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Of course, there's not a chance this will happen.

Thread should have been closed about a month ago really. Where have the links to him been in the last few weeks to us?

We seem to be after another striker so why not?  Links so far are him, Brewster and King.  None are really cheap.....him at the 30-40m range, Brewster...Palace have just bid 19m +6m add ons and 37m Liverpool release clause and then Josh King whose been quoted between 16-20m.  So none are cheap so far in the links and there seems to be interest in adding another striker.  Maybe 30-40m is too much but we seem to be in the region of 20m at least so it's not in the realms of impossible especially if Brewster goes to Palace. 

3 minutes ago, Awol said:

Everyone knows we have higher priorities than another striker, e.g. CM, CB & LB.

I disagree I think aside from CM, another striker is essential as if Samatta is going then we only have a fit Watkins and Davis, which is weak in options.

• Like 1

I think there are a lot of clickbait articles linking us to this signing.   From what I understand we're not in for him at all.  

Would be a real statement to sign a 40M striker after just paying 28M for one. But it just isn't going to happen. 

If we were about to spend that kind of money on one player I'd personally prefer it to be on a top center half to play alongside Mings.

9 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I disagree I think aside from CM, another striker is essential as if Samatta is going then we only have a fit Watkins and Davis, which is weak in options.

I’m not saying we won’t be in for another CF, but you’re forgetting that Traore states his favoured role is striker, and I think his best stats show he’s decent as striker. 

Â