Odsonne Edouard

ramshackler

14 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I disagree I think aside from CM, another striker is essential as if Samatta is going then we only have a fit Watkins and Davis, which is weak in options.

You can add Traoré and Rashica to that list, plus if we are going to play a dynamic front 3 of players chopping and changing throughout a game, Davis could be a fantastic option - Wesley too when back. 

I’d like another striker, but if Rashica ever gets done then it becomes the 4th priority for new blood, imo. 

2 minutes ago, Awol said:

You can add Traoré and Rashica to that list, plus if we are going to play a dynamic front 3 of players chopping and changing throughout a game, Davis could be a fantastic option - Wesley too when back. 

I’d like another striker, but if Rashica ever gets done then it becomes the 4th priority for new blood, imo. 

Davis has to go out on loan surely!

Wes seems to be Jan at the earliest.

I understand moving the other attacking players into the forward line but I think a goalscorer is preferable in that position as the dynamic forward line is great but even the best teams have a real forward in there somewhere from Firmino, Aguero etc.  After Milot, Striker and CM, and then I'd be happy/  Target, Taylor are ok for another season there.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, OxfordVillan said:

I’m not saying we won’t be in for another CF, but you’re forgetting that Traore states his favoured role is striker, and I think his best stats show he’s decent as striker. 

Yeah maybe, we are still linked with strikers though so may or may not still be in for a striker.....who bloody knows these days!!!!! hahaha

Just now, nick76 said:

I understand moving the other attacking players into the forward line but I think a goalscorer is preferable in that position as the dynamic forward line is great but even the best teams have a real forward in there somewhere from Firmino, Aguero etc.  After Milot, Striker and CM, and then I'd be happy/  Target, Taylor are ok for another season there.

I think there is an advantage to keeping Davis here.

I would prefer Samatta to go out in loan.

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Taylor terrifies me. Good enough (Maybe) defender for a No.2, but last season was like a sea-anchor every time we tried to go forward. 

Targett will break himself, that’s guaranteed at some point. His back up needs to capable or it will cost us points, and Taylor isn’t - only imo, of course. 

If Rashica is coming here, then we are not buying Odsonne as well (I know they are very different players). Unless we are going to take our spending this summer to over 150 million pounds.

We need a CM and a back up CB (Hause is not good enough and Engels is constantly injured or out of favour). I think there is no chance he's coming here.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

Davis does not score goals BUT he does run interference for our striker.

Correct.

In the small doses I seen of him last season I am not expecting a goalscorer, but he is a great nusense to defenders which creates chances more often than not, and that alone is worth having in an attack minded team.

17 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I think there is an advantage to keeping Davis here.

I would prefer Samatta to go out in loan.

Would Samatta accept a loan though?  I think he'll either stay or be sold.  I dont think he's in that category of loan.

I'll leave my thoughts of Davis at the door 😉

17 minutes ago, Awol said:

Taylor terrifies me. Good enough (Maybe) defender for a No.2, but last season was like a sea-anchor every time we tried to go forward. 

Targett will break himself, that’s guaranteed at some point. His back up needs to capable or it will cost us points, and Taylor isn’t - only imo, of course. 

I know what you are saying I guess it was just balance of priorities and between you and I they just fractionally different....ideally we both want both!  Who knows with the Villa we could get both or could both get neither 

Edited by nick76
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I disagree I think aside from CM, another striker is essential as if Samatta is going then we only have a fit Watkins and Davis, which is weak in options.

No its not essential, not by a long way;  We have traore and wes back soon to add to the 3 above. 

There are far more essential places that need work

Just now, Nigel said:

No its not essential, not by a long way;  We have traore and wes back soon to add to the 3 above. 

Earliest Wes is back is January and you would assume it will take time to get match fit.  There are rumours he may not make the season.  

As for Traore, a lot were slagging him off on here whether it was even a decent signing and now you are throwing him in as our savings grace.

We obviously dont agree, but if we dont score goals we are in trouble and the best form of defence is attack.

1 minute ago, Nigel said:

Didn't someone mention that Wesley is not likely back until January now? I may be wrong.

If Samatta was to leave then I feel we might look a bit weak in attack but I wouldn't be overly concerned either, the signing of someone like Eduaord would be a good signing if it materialised.

I would sooner we got the AML role confirmed and then focus on another CB, LB and maybe a CM?

I don't rate Hause, we don't know what's happening with Engels, and I don't rate Taylor either.

We could bolster the midfield a wee bit but I don't think it's another position that's essential when we have Luiz, Marvelous, Hourihane, McGinn & Ramsey, waving bye to Lansbury maybe?

Time will tell I guess but there will definately be more movement in the next 16 days. In that time we play Sheff Utd, Bristol City, Fulham and Liverpool which gives us enough time to have a look at what we've got and see where we really still need to strengthen.

• Like 1

I've never put any serious stock into this rumour. I'm yet to see any legitimate link with any substance. Besides, as has been stated numerous times, it always seemed like either him or Watkins, not both.

It is clear to me, that the only reason he's not gone anywhere yet is that no one has met Celtic's valuation of him. 

When they drop their demands (or another club becomes desperate enough) he'll move on.  If the former happens, and sits within our appetite and valuation of the player, I wouldnt be surprised to see us sign him.  But don't feel he's a priority we need, and another winger, a CM, and a backup CB would all be above him for me

Edited by MrBlack
Typo

Â