Odsonne Edouard

ramshackler

8 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Done deal apparently 

Don't you pretend ITK's normally qualify this nonsense with some emojis.

1 hour ago, sne said:

The rags are saying PSG has a 40% sell on clause :D Can see why Celtic want top dollar.

The Daily Record (link below) claim Celtic paid £10m for him 2 years ago. I take it that the 40% sell on, would be on any profit above the purchase price, so if he's sold for £40m Celtic would turn an £18m profit on him. A £30m fee, would above double their money in two years (£12m), which seems a more reasonable return to me, if they are motivated sellers.    

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/odsonne-edouard-celtic-transfer-latest-22600551

1 minute ago, lexicon said:

In the last month or so:

'Welcome to Villa Eze'

RE: Benrahma - 'Its a DONE DEAL!'

'Welcome to the club Christian Luyindama'

RE: Rashica - 'Its happening', 'Its happening!! Calm down everyone, not sure why you're getting worried'

Not exactly a great hit rate there, champ. 

You could argue with the law of averages and all that

I would offer them £30m plus Samatta, it's not that I don't think Samatta can come good with us but I'd be prepared to make the sacrifce if it's what's needed to get this fantastic footballer they call Odsonne Édouard into our club.

His sell on clause is largely irrelevant to the buying club or his value. Ok there may be a price point at which it becomes more beneficial to Celtic to keep him but that doesn’t make him worth anymore in the market. 

It would be like us saying we paid £15m for Hogan and so we want £15m back. The answer would be, sorry chaps but you paying over the odds is not our problem. How does fifty quid and a handful of green shield stamps grab you? 

10 minutes ago, useless said:

I would offer them £30m plus Samatta, it's not that I don't think Samatta can come good with us but I'd be prepared to make the sacrifce if it's what's needed to get this fantastic footballer they call Odsonne Édouard into our club.

Rather give em Hogan or both? They’d get goals in the SPL surely. Saves Celtic having to source another striker.

Biggest issue, as ever, is wages though. We’ve overpaid poor players for far too long.

Â