Odsonne Edouard

ramshackler

2 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

It isn't about the defending it is about whether a better keeper would save those shots and most of them look pretty unstoppable to me. He would score for whoever he signs for. Hopefully us. 

I think the issue is, he won't have the unbridled freedom to get those shots off and place them so perfectly in the PL. Watching that, I couldn't help but notice that he was taking 1 or 2 extra touches that he wouldn't have gotten in the PL before shooting. The defenders there were tripping over themselves like Bambi. 

15 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

He can take set pieces as well, when was the last time we had a forward who could?

Yeah, he seems to have the right technique. Who knows, he could be our next Benteke if we manage to get him signed.

My hope is this new guy, Lange, is an expert at keeping everything under wraps, rather than some rookie with no clout making big deals.

Think Percy confirmed we’re in for Watkins, other than that every other rumour is just that, rumours.

Hopefully we’ll all be pleasantly surprised rather than extremely disappointed over the coming weeks. We really need to get this window right so we can kick on this season. Did think a couple would have been identified and over the line by now though, obviously it must be a difficult market to manoeuvre at the moment.

• Like 1

Finsihing and dribbling all great versus poor defending. What impresses me is how he moves and attack space as soon as he releases the ball. His movement seems very intelligent, Thomas Müller esque. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

Don't look at Ollie Watkins goals last season then, I think it's worse. 

You’ll find the vast majority of goals scored in football are due to some form of ‘poor defending’.That’s at every level.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, MotoMkali said:

It isn't about the defending it is about whether a better keeper would save those shots and most of them look pretty unstoppable to me. He would score for whoever he signs for. Hopefully us. 

This for me is why i'd rather have him than Watkins. For the people who doubt him, he scored 2G 2A in 4 games in the Europa League against Copenhagen (Knocked out by Man Utd in extra time) and Lazio. He's scored goals at every level he's played at, without fail.

11 minutes ago, Skruff said:

Finsihing and dribbling all great versus poor defending. What impresses me is how he moves and attack space as soon as he releases the ball. His movement seems very intelligent, Thomas Müller esque. 

Noticed this too. He knows where to be to score, and that's hard to teach (as we're finding with Keinan, and Wes to a lesser extent). 

10 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

You’ll find the vast majority of goals scored in football are due to some form of ‘poor defending’.That’s at every level.

Alan Hansen got paid very well for years just to tell us how shocking the defending was in the Premier League.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

Don't look at Ollie Watkins goals last season then, I think it's worse. 

Watkins rarely made clever movements in the box he was just free in the centre of the goal on the 6 yard line and had easy headers in. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

Is there anything concrete linking him with us other than the speculation

That is the basis of 90% of the current transfer/player related threads on here, not a single reputable source, just made up guff, ITKs and overseas 'journalists' who quote things that turn out were never actually written in dubious foreign tabloids and local rags like the Brum News who report it as fact. Oh and people arguing about whether McGinn wanted to sign for Celtic more than Villa and other such drivel.

Doesn't mean we aren't going to make some high profile signings, just unlike last year nothing yet has properly leaked or any decent speculation written with a bit of weight behind it.

Edited by VillanousOne
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

That is the basis of 90% of the current transfer/player related threads on here, not a single reputable source, just made up guff, ITKs and overseas 'journalists' who quote things that turn out were never actually written in dubious foreign tabloids and local rags like the Brum News who report it as fact. Oh and people arguing about whether McGinn wanted to sign for Celtic more than Villa and other such drivel.

Doesn't mean we aren't going to make some high profile signings, just unlike last year nothing yet has properly leaked or any decent speculation written with a bit of weight behind it.

So will he sign tomorrow?

2 hours ago, brommy said:

Alan Hansen got paid very well for years just to tell us how shocking the defending was in the Premier League.

Now you mention it, shaking ones head and with an exasperated sigh, saying "look at that defending!" seems to the standby line for a lot of pundits who have no actual insights.

• Like 1

Â