Odsonne Edouard

ramshackler

5 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

First a saw 30 mil everywhere now since Celtics CL exit the media are reporting him as a 40 mil target makes me laugh, I'd feel violated if we paid 40 mil!!

Errr we were starting with a bid of 30m but all I saw was that Celtics fee was always 40m

3 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I would rather we sign this guy than Watkins personally.

I'm hoping we can manage to sign both rather than one or the other. Watkins gives us versatility with his ability to play on the wing.
If it's a choice of one or the other i'd definitely prefer Edouard. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

The agent added: “I heard of the interest from Aston Villa, I read it in the newspaper, and I think it’s true. But we have not had any contact with Aston Villa right now.”

Is this something to worry about or are we doing things by the book and not speaking to the player till Celtic give us permission?

I would have thought the agent would be the first port of call - is the player open to a move to Aston Villa ?

I don't think we are in for him. I don't think we have as much cash as people think. 

42 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I would rather we sign this guy than Watkins personally.

Both would be incredible, but if it’s just one Edouard is the real deal. I genuinely think, having seen him a only few times live I admit, he is an amazing talent and will play at the top of the game.  

Grealish             Edouard             Watkins

Loftus-Cheek           McGinn

Luiz

Targett       Mings        Konsa      Aarons

Heaton

God if only....

Edited by Steero113

3 minutes ago, AVFCforever1991 said:

Edouard

Benrahma  Grealish   Rashica/Watkins

Please.

No. Not enough pace plus I wouldn't want benrahma think he costs too much for what he would offer us. We desperately need pace in our team. 

I wonder how much ASM would cost alternatively moussa diaby would also be a very good buy in my opinion. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Tifo Football (who put put some excellent stuff, although very stat heavy) have picked him out a sensible transfer for Newcastle. I really want the lad and hope we are genuinely interested can pull it off.

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

Errr we were starting with a bid of 30m but all I saw was that Celtics fee was always 40m

Not what I've seen always been a 30 mil rated player. Celtic have had our pants down if we pay that!

4 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

Not what I've seen always been a 30 mil rated player. Celtic have had our pants down if we pay that!

Ok, we have different sources because we differ.

A quick question though, why would our ‘opening’ bid be the fee they want 🤔

20 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Ok, we have different sources because we differ.

A quick question though, why would our ‘opening’ bid be the fee they want 🤔

Who said we have bid? The media? Don't believe everything you read in the papers 🤣

1 hour ago, Tez500 said:

Tifo Football (who put put some excellent stuff, although very stat heavy) have picked him out a sensible transfer for Newcastle. I really want the lad and hope we are genuinely interested can pull it off.

Hopefully they get to us soon. They've covered 15 teams on their podcast, not including Newcastle, but they did do a "What's going on at Aston Villa?" a couple of weeks back so maybe they don't intend to do a sensible transfers, but they're always interesting so hopefully they do one soon.

19 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

Hopefully they get to us soon. They've covered 15 teams on their podcast, not including Newcastle, but they did do a "What's going on at Aston Villa?" a couple of weeks back so maybe they don't intend to do a sensible transfers, but they're always interesting so hopefully they do one soon.

I've not seen one for us yet but could be on the Athletic which I don't subscribe to.

Â