Odsonne Edouard

ramshackler

In FM mode here but this is what I’d be doing and have sadly written down on paper ... I’d offer Celtic  a choice of fringe players in Hourihane, Lansbury, Hogan, Taylor, Kalinic, /Steer/Nyland, Samatta, Engels +££? For Edouard & Ajer...

Its weird the six signings I’d be v.happy with are, Buendia & Aaron’s. Watkins & Benrahma + Ajer & Edouard. In real world 0.75% chance of that occurring ... 

Edited by thabucks

3 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

I could see Hourihane being a Celtic player and being one of the best players. Not a bad shout.

Agreed - However throughout his career he has a knack of coming up with goals when required. Im not we can let that go just yet.

Just now, hippo said:

Agreed - However throughout his career he has a knack of coming up with goals when required. Im not we can let that go just yet.

He provides so little else we simply have to replace him. Great guy, but apart from the odd goal you'd never know he was there. Time to move on with our thanks.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mazrim said:

He provides so little else we simply have to replace him. Great guy, but apart from the odd goal you'd never know he was there. Time to move on with our thanks.

Has a higher expected assists per 90 than Grealish. Probably because we have magnet heads konsa and hause in our team for corners and other set pieces. 

1 minute ago, Mazrim said:

Agree - great guy - but no world beater - I just think we have a squad stacked with guys that can't score - to ship one out who can for the sake of what £3-4m ? - Id rather keep him.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, thabucks said:

In FM mode here but this is what I’d be doing and have sadly written down on paper ... I’d offer Celtic  a choice of fringe players in Hourihane, Lansbury, Hogan, Taylor, Kalinic, /Steer/Nyland, Samatta, Engels +££? For Edouard & Ajer...

Its weird the six signings I’d be v.happy with are, Buendia & Aaron’s. Watkins & Benrahma + Ajer & Edouard. In real world 0.75% chance of that occurring ... 

Let’s get Olivier Ntcham while we’re at it.

46 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

I could see Hourihane being a Celtic player and being one of the best players. Not a bad shout.

I hope Conor stays with us. One of my favourite players. He’d get close to 20 goals in the SPL a season.

1 hour ago, hippo said:

Agree - great guy - but no world beater - I just think we have a squad stacked with guys that can't score - to ship one out who can for the sake of what £3-4m ? - Id rather keep him.

Yeah the proviso is that we do get players in first. 

The agent added: “I heard of the interest from Aston Villa, I read it in the newspaper, and I think it’s true. But we have not had any contact with Aston Villa right now.”

Is this something to worry about or are we doing things by the book and not speaking to the player till Celtic give us permission?

6 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

The agent added: “I heard of the interest from Aston Villa, I read it in the newspaper, and I think it’s true. But we have not had any contact with Aston Villa right now.”

Is this something to worry about or are we doing things by the book and not speaking to the player till Celtic give us permission?

Or the agent not wanting to land us in the shit? I hope we have been in touch as aside from Tammy he would be my top target for the striker position.

• Like 1

Really hope we can get this done.

As good as Watkins would be for his work rate and potential goals, it's a lot to ask of a player who has never played higher than the Championship.

At least signing Edouard too would give us options and would show that we really don't want another season like the last one.

Just signing Watkins wouldn't be enough in my view.

25 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

It could also mean that he isn't a target at all and the links have been created by the press. Even if he is a back up to Watkins you'd think some official contact would have been made by now. Or maybe the agent is just being careful.

32 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

He’s just to distract everyone while we thrash out the deal for Luka Jovic.

Â