Jaden Philogene

Kingman

I want to start by saying I really like the lad, but could this be a player that we need to sell with a buy-back clause inserted? I just question if we can give him enough minutes to help him continue to develop. As he matures his natural position on the pitch may change, but at the moment we don’t play with wingers so he’s going to be getting limited minutes in one of the 10 roles and cup starts at absolute best.

Sure we could send him out on loan again, but you wonder if he will develop better/quicker if he can find a new permanent ‘home’? I’d imagine he’d have plenty of suitors in the championship, possibly even the odd lower PL side would be interested?

4 hours ago, Woody1000 said:

I want to start by saying I really like the lad, but could this be a player that we need to sell with a buy-back clause inserted? I just question if we can give him enough minutes to help him continue to develop. As he matures his natural position on the pitch may change, but at the moment we don’t play with wingers so he’s going to be getting limited minutes in one of the 10 roles and cup starts at absolute best.

Sure we could send him out on loan again, but you wonder if he will develop better/quicker if he can find a new permanent ‘home’? I’d imagine he’d have plenty of suitors in the championship, possibly even the odd lower PL side would be interested?

Think the club need to decide if they see him as a potential star or not.  If they do,  then a loan year without serious injury would be the obvious option. 

If they have any doubts, then selling,  for the right price or with a buy back would preferable. 

How long of a contact does he have? Might also dictate our hand. 

5 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

I don’t doubt it, but he has to show it at some point. Ramsey, Irroegbunam and Chukwuemeka are all around the first team now and Archer may be next year too. 

He’s obviously got a lot of his career ahead of him, I’d just expect him to be doing well in the Championship next year if he wants to make it as a PL player one day. 

I guess he needs a breakout season like Michael Olise and Eze had in the championship to be really good enough for Aston Villa if we're being honest. 

• 1 month later...
31 minutes ago, Villatillidie95 said:

thought he showed promise in last year's preseason and did well at stoke by all accounts so looking forward to seeing JPB again

He’s great but has had serious injury problems unfortunately. Season before last he only managed a handful of games for U21s and then last season when he went to Stoke he was superb for about 7 matches and the best player about 80% of the time but then got injured for a couple of months again and struggled to get back in. Much like Keinan, if he can stay fit he’ll be an asset.

• Like 1

Well people were talking about Chukwuemeka playing as a 10 in Gerrard's system I'd say that Philogene-Bidace is more suited to playing that role than Chukwuemeka. He's certainly got the flair and vision that you'd typically associate with a No.10, for U23s he normally played on left hand side cutting onto his right foot, not too dissimilar to how Grealish played for us.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ender4 said:

What does this mean? Is he talking about Villa fans?  

Harsh if so… I’d say much more than 10% are supporting him!

Maybe football fans in general

Everyone has their village idiots, I think they're mad to be on social media personally 

I dread to think what shit chuk is getting 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ender4 said:

What does this mean? Is he talking about Villa fans?  

If he means fans hating other teams ... the numbers don't seem that unreasonable. Leeds thread anyone?

Â