Milot Rashica

AvfcRigo82

8 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Should we present ourselves like this instead...?   ;)

D63FJn4W0AIr3og.jpg

I'm pretty sure anyone would take either presentation.

1 minute ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

She looks surprised. Was she not expecting to be photographed? 

She's as shocked as us that we're in for Rashica...

Good to see she's making a tactical change though when she also realised "It's Happening!"

Edited by AvfcRigo82

6 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Did you scan that out the paper in 1998?

It looks like how the sun used to do page 3 before page 3 got rid of two pics in favour of one and with less on.

Am I the only one that thinks this potential transfer is being way overrated, yes I'm sure he'd improve us and I hope we can sign him, but I think it's pretty ridiculous to compare signing him to Man City signing Robinho, Arsenal signing Bergkamp or Henry and all the other comparisons that have been made, West Ham signing Tevez and Mascherano was also mentioned, he's been talked up so much that if he does sign it will be hard for him to live up to the hype and if he doesn't people have set themselves up to be disappointed as if we've missed out on a potential Ballon d'Or winner.

He's good but if he doesn't sign there will be other players just as good that we can sign.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, useless said:

Am I the only one that thinks this potential transfer is being way overrated, yes I'm sure he'd improve us and I hope we can sign him, but I think it's pretty ridiculous to compare signing him to Man City signing Robinho, Arsenal signing Bergkamp or Henry and all the other comparisons that have been made, West Ham signing Tevez and Mascherano was also mentioned, he's been talked up so much that if he does sign it will be hard for him to live up to the hype and if he doesn't people have set themselves up to be disappointed as if we've missed out on a potential Ballon d'Or winner.

He's good but if he doesn't sign there will be other players just as good that we can sign.

You're right. He's a fantastic player and one of the best we could get, but not totally unuque. If we don't get him we'll have alternatives of a similar calibre. Some may cost more.

I actually think that there must be a very good chance that he will sign, we've had the instagram photo with Nakamba, Grealish's ITK DJ friend sayinig that it's going to happen, the TV presenter that had recently been in his company saying that we're favorites and it could happen next week, and our conditioning head honcho following him on social media. That's a lot of clues pointing towards something happening but if it doesn't it isn't the end of the world.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, useless said:

If we do sign him it will break our transfer record and we were a club that was starring at administration just a few years ago. It's not totally shocking that people are excited by the prospect of this signing. I haven't really seen people comparing it to Robinho, Bergkamp or Henry either. But maybe I've missed that. 

11 minutes ago, useless said:

I actually think that there must be a very good chance that he will sign, we've had the instagram photo with Nakamba, Grealish's ITK DJ friend sayinig that it's going to happen, the TV presenter that had recently been in his company saying that we're favorites and it could happen next week, and our conditioning head honcho following him on social media. That's a lot of clues pointing towards something happening but if it doesn't it isn't the end of the world.

I'm wondering If Nakamba and him had spoken, and Nakamba knows of our interest and that Milan was/is in 2 minds etc , and was/is just trying to give his old mate a "nudge" to choose us. In hindsight that is what it could be.

Our conditioning coach may have known that a medical etc is scheduled and it is all but a done deal? Or as someone else has pointed out, could have just being excited and jumped the gun as a "Fan" just like us?

There really is too much smoke though, the problem is it was never a "Done deal" IMO and things can change.

Well noted that his preference is Leipzeg, and i'm honestly on the fence about how badly I want a player who desperately wants to go to another club.

Even though i'm guessing this might be the case with most players? Hold out for their preferred option? As long as he didn't come here with a bad attitude as we weren't his first choice?

No doubt that there is definitely something, and as I continue to point out, we have been tracking him for at least a year that I can remember,.

I think some people are going to need to grasp the reality of just how difficult it is to get the best players, in this market, when you are not one of the "Big 6 or 7".

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

3 minutes ago, useless said:

All those names have been mentioned as well as Coutinho and Wesley Sneijder, and others.

To be fair a lot of those names have been mentioned in a sentence like this: “let’s not get too excited, remember how long we were linked with Sneijder and there was never anything in it.” Which is a sentiment that actually is in line with your point...

• Like 1

I think people only mentioned Bergkamp etc in the sense that this would have a similar effect on us as it would be a statement of intent and a sign we want quality players rather than actually saying he's as good as Bergkamp.

I think the relief to once again be looking at signing these type of player is huge considering the last 10 years of shit we have had to endure.

Bring back the days of Sneijder, Van Der Vaart & Huntelaar threads... which was the last time we actually looked like nearly being a top 4 club.

We currently sit 2nd in the table and we need players like Rashica etc. to ensure we see these heights of the table again.

If last season we were a year ahead of schedule then God knows what we're planning this season...  I'm excited.

4 minutes ago, joshharris12 said:

You guys all missed Picking up on rachicas Instagram story with his suitcase and plane ✈️ emoji poor form villatalk 

Always a good idea to read a thread before posting. 

In all fairness you may need to apply some kind of fish filter though. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Sam-AVFC said:

I'm not saying they necessarily are, but aren't you basing that on another unreliable source?

Also, to be fair to the journalist, he never said it was a done deal. He said we were the clubs preferred bidder as Leipzig hadn't offered enough.

I don't buy the DJ guy ever knowing anything as Grealish would get in a lot of shit with the club if he kept telling him stuff that was then posted on Twitter. I also don't buy that the fitness coach is involved enough in the process of buying players that his instagram follows mean anything...and you'd have to be pretty stupid if you were aware of a deal to give away hints through social media follows before it was completed.

It's more the lack on anyone with a decent track record adding any weight to this story.

As I said up post if John Percy had got on board with it then yes I'd take it more seriously. But this seems based on the kosovan journalist story being shared over and over .....

12 minutes ago, joshharris12 said:

You guys all missed Picking up on rachicas Instagram story with his suitcase and plane ✈️ emoji poor form villatalk 

Nah was caught last night. The whole Bremen team were flying out to a training camp so could just be that.