Milot Rashica

AvfcRigo82

2 minutes ago, omariqy said:

One thing I will say is if we weren't interested in him then Paddy Moore wouldn't really care what fans were saying on the net as he follows plenty of players. 

Secondly, if you are an agent or a club trying to get other clubs to start bidding for your player then you don't use a random Kosovan journalist that most people will never have heard of. You would use a national paper like Bild. 

Exactly. The random Kosovan journalist is too random and obscure to be nothing.

And if we genuinely weren't interested in him why would Paddy Moore feel he had to unfollow? The only reason I can think he'd unfollow is through fear of getting a telling off. In other words...

it's happening ron paul GIF

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

And if we genuinely weren't interested in him why would Paddy Moore feel he had to unfollow? The only reason I can think he'd unfollow is through fear of getting a telling off.

Correct.

Too much has happened and then sudden U-turns on social media...     :suspect:

Just now, hippo said:

So the kosovan journalist and Grealish s drinking pal weren't reliable sources after all ....who'd have thunk it !

I'm not saying they necessarily are, but aren't you basing that on another unreliable source?

Also, to be fair to the journalist, he never said it was a done deal. He said we were the clubs preferred bidder as Leipzig hadn't offered enough.

I don't buy the DJ guy ever knowing anything as Grealish would get in a lot of shit with the club if he kept telling him stuff that was then posted on Twitter. I also don't buy that the fitness coach is involved enough in the process of buying players that his instagram follows mean anything...and you'd have to be pretty stupid if you were aware of a deal to give away hints through social media follows before it was completed.

The long and short of it is that IF RB Leipzig come up with the €€€ then I’m sure he’ll go there......but if not we have to be his next best option right?

I mean you could draw an analogy with SJM. Would he really have come to Villa if Celtic had been prepared to pay what Hibs had wanted?? Personally I don’t think so.

So I don’t mind being second in the race. Besides it’s good negotiating tactics re Benrahma given both primarily play LW.

In reality I'd believe our German friends version wouldn't be too far from the truth. He would prefer to stay in Germany and play in the champions league but will they stump up the extra cash?

We will probably be the next best option should they not.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

That's true.

On this case, Germany are exempt from the Quarantine list as it stands...

The money The Rocket would be on wage wise.. I don't think Brexit would Impact him, or any footballer of the highest level for that matter.

Yeah I think he’ll get by. 

4 minutes ago, rayk said:

The long and short of it is that IF RB Leipzig come up with the €€€ then I’m sure he’ll go there......but if not we have to be his next best option right?

I mean you could draw an analogy with SJM. Would he really have come to Villa if Celtic had been prepared to pay what Hibs had wanted?? Personally I don’t think so.

So I don’t mind being second in the race. Besides it’s good negotiating tactics re Benrahma given both primarily play LW.

3 minutes ago, Nigel said:

In reality I'd believe our German friends version wouldn't be too far from the truth. He would prefer to stay in Germany and play in the champions league but will they stump up the extra cash?

We will probably be the next best option should they not.

True, and why would his agent be at a "advanced stage of negocations" with the club?

5 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Isn't it possible we have an interest here, maybe even have made an offer, but we aren't attractive enough? 

I think Rashica is just waiting to see what RB Leipzig are going to do, but eventually both he and Bremen will get p*ssed off if they don’t stump up the cash, and that’s when the deal is ours given our long standing interest in him.

Edited by rayk

2 minutes ago, omariqy said:

I don’t know why people become so doom and gloom on the back or one random story. I’d rather be hopeful of signing someone like Rashica rather than the alternative which would have been getting excited about signing Jordan Rhodes I’d we had gone down. Just enjoy it.

Completely, and all the signings we’ve been linked to are a class above most of last season so we should enjoy it in the sense that if we don’t get Rashica we’ll get Benrahma or vice versa.

5 minutes ago, omariqy said:

I don’t know why people become so doom and gloom on the back of one random story. I’d rather be hopeful of signing someone like Rashica rather than the alternative which would have been getting excited about signing Jordan Rhodes if we had gone down. Just enjoy it.

Bang on mate.

Could you imagine what we would be getting linked to instead right now had we just got relegated again...

Bye bye top players... and welcome back Scott Hogan and Albert Adomah.

Ollie Watkins and Benrahama.. ha!.. in your dreams.

We've done nothing thus far but already it's been a more exciting transfer window than what we have witnessed in the last 5 or so years...

Enjoy the ride folks. Let the good times roll.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Isn't it possible we have an interest here, maybe even have made an offer, but we aren't attractive enough? 

Should we present ourselves like this instead...?   ;)

D63FJn4W0AIr3og.jpg

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Haha 2