Milot Rashica

AvfcRigo82

18 minutes ago, Awol said:

Yeah I didn’t think it’d be a done deal today, just thought we might get a sniff from the Kosovan end that things were moving. If we take it on faith that there’s been an offer out there for a while and a deadline to accept it, middle of this week seemed a reasonable time to have thought it over. 

Also, 2+2=5. 

Yeah I see the logic. The journalist did say end of last week Villa were expecting an answer. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

The situation I'm lead to believe is that Leipzig are not meeting Werder's demands So, it's just Villa with an accepted bid and we just waiting for Rashica to decide on us or not. We're assuming that he's waiting for Leipzig, or another CL team to pipe up the cash. This seems like it's not happening and now there's a dilemma that's in Villa's favour...

The dilemma is Werder, It seems that they're broke and have a poor team overall. To improve their overall team they need to raise funds, like (reluctantly) selling their best player and use that money to pick up key signings to fill the bad patches in the team. Hopefully this will help them get back up the table. If he stays, it's still a problem, because they can't improve the squad and almost certain to struggle in the league again. Another problem, Werder can't wait, they need the money ASAP to give them time to recruit  new players.

So if he has any care for Werder he has to go, probably reluctantly. If he chooses to stay or wait, he's hampering Werder's ambitions to fulfil his personal ambitions. Which wouldn't be a cool thing to do.  Because of this, I feel we're in a good shout to signing him (presuming everything we've been told is true)

Also, his delaying shows something about the guy as a footballer, he has footballing ambitions, not money ambitions. We've apparently offered him a bigger contract, more money than Leipzig. Yet, he desires CL football and rather wait for it. If we do get him, I feel he will put an effort in, regardless of Villa not being his first choice.            

100% Correct.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

There is a general feeling it could soon Rocket to 200 and beyond...

Never going to happen unless folks make repeated pointless reactive posts for no good reason other than extending the page count. Unlikely. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Never going to happen unless folks make repeated pointless reactive posts for no good reason other than extending the page count. Unlikely. 

No chance.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

You're right mate, you didn't. It was more of a question in general.

The latter part has been happening for many years now though and I suppose to a degree it has to when you have such powerful Chinese whisper mechanisms that are social media platforms.

Possibly one of the reasons threads have to start off as speculation?

Ok, sorry if I was a bit off with you then.  

The general perception seems to be that because there hasn’t really been  much coming out in the main stream press about Rashica, or anyone else for that matter, then there’s no genuine interest. However the club is now so tight with the press and their own staff that little or no information is available. 

The only mention of us On the BBC rumours page today was that the Brum Mail have reported that Dean Smith and Johan Lange have had a meeting about transfer targets. Wow they must have someone on the inside!!

Like last summer we’ll find out only when the deal is done. 

Edited by DaveAV1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Could do without the pessimism, we really just need upbeat, hopeful posts like this one.

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

The situation I'm lead to believe is that Leipzig are not meeting Werder's demands. So, it's just Villa with an accepted bid and we just waiting for Rashica to decide on us or not. We're assuming that he's waiting for Leipzig, or another CL team to pipe up the cash. This seems like it's not happening and now there's a dilemma that's in Villa's favour...

The dilemma is Werder, It seems that they're broke and have a poor team overall. To improve their overall team they need to raise funds, like (reluctantly) selling their best player and use that money to pick up key signings to fill the bad patches in the team. Hopefully this will help them get back up the table. If he stays, it's still a problem, because they can't improve the squad and almost certain to struggle in the league again. Another problem, Werder can't wait, they need the money ASAP to give them time to recruit  new players.

So if he has any care for Werder he has to go, probably reluctantly. If he chooses to stay or wait, he's hampering Werder's ambitions to fulfil his personal ambitions. Which wouldn't be a cool thing to do.  Because of this, I feel we're in a good shout to signing him (presuming everything we've been told is true)

Also, his delaying shows something about the guy as a footballer, he has footballing ambitions, not money ambitions. We've apparently offered him a bigger contract, more money than Leipzig. Yet, he desires CL football and rather wait for it. If we do get him, I feel he will put an effort in, regardless of Villa not being his first choice.            

(1) Let me stop you right there. Our squad is actually quite good. Last season was a horror show for many reasons (You should have a look at our injury record, the many set pieces we conceded. There were huge pre season mistakes that are hopefully not gonna happen again). We have made some key signings already and the only one left is another defensive mid (Currently 1 + 1 young CDM are in). The new one will probably join on loan.

Werder have asked for one credit and are expected to have it granted. Yes, A Rashica exit is desired because it will bring lots of money in, but if he is sold, only a replacement will be signed (no, Chong is not the replacement). So apart from the one CDM, our squad is fully prepared for the upcoming season.

(2) On the second one I partly agree. I don`t think he would join Villa just to help Werder raising funds, but I do think Villas chances are far better than the media are saying since I don`t see Red Bull meeting Werders demands at any point.

Edited by Phinnonymous
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Phinnonymous said:

(1) Let me stop you right there. Our squad is actually quite good. Last season was a horror show for many reasons (You should have a look at our injury record, the many set pieces we conceded. There were huge pre season mistakes that are hopefully not gonna happen again). We have made some key signings already and the only one left is another defensive mid (Currently 1 + 1 young CDM are in). The new one will probably join on loan.

Werder have asked for one credit and are expected to have it granted. Yes, A Rashica exit is desired because it will bring lots of money in, but if he is sold, only a replacement will be signed (no, Chong is not the replacement). So apart from the one CDM, our squad is fully prepared for the upcoming season.

(2) On the second one I partly agree. I don`t think he would join Villa just to help Werder raising funds, but I do think Villas chances are far better than the media are saying since I don`t see Red Bull meeting Werders demands.

Guess I was misinformed. 

this whole saga is filled with misinformation

Awkward Schitts Creek GIF by CBC