Milot Rashica

AvfcRigo82

Update from Ashley Preece on his live Q&A:

image.png.ddc54611e0ff3c65b0a90deee5f560e3.png

Sounds like we have agreed a fee, just waiting on the player. I know we more or less knew this but saw a report in Germany this morning that no one was willing to meet Werders demands.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, SeanVilla said:

Sounds like we have agreed a fee, just waiting on the player. I know we more or less knew this but saw a report in Germany this morning that no one was willing to meet Werders demands.

We’ve apparently had a bid accepted for the last 7-10 days. Unfortunately Rashica is communicating by carrier pigeon...or telegrams via the Titanic.....

.....Or it could be he doesn’t wanna come and that may explain why the Benrahma talks have been cold recently?

2 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

The Brum Mail reporting old rumours and passing them off as news. Who would have thought it. 

Yes, not unlike the Mail trying to bleed every drop out of a rmlur they think makes the headlines.

1 minute ago, rayk said:

We’ve apparently had a bid accepted for the last 7-10 days. Unfortunately Rashica is communicating by carrier pigeon...or telegrams via the Titanic.....

.....Or it could be he doesn’t wanna come and that may explain why the Benrahma talks have been cold recently?

Think this is likely true. Rashica waiting on Leipzig for an answer. Now Leipzig seem out the running guess his options are stay at Bremen and hope a bigger move or come to us. I guess we've set a deadline for him to make a decision. Then again maybe we have already moved on, we wouldn't know would we?

2 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

Gut instinct based on nothing at all that we have set him a deadline of either tomorrow or Wednesday to make his decision.

That seems to be the basis of most of your posts 😉

21 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

who is Ash Preece?

His first article for the Mail was actually quite decent. He went to Dean Smith’s local pub and met up with some of his friends and family to find out his background. I remember thinking he seems like a decent young journalist. Then I heard him speak on their podcast and I immediately realised that his knowledge of football is minimal at best. My cat can articulate it’s sentences better than Ash can. He seems like a nice lad but you’re not going to get much insight from him. 

7 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

His first article for the Mail was actually quite decent. He went to Dean Smith’s local pub and met up with some of his friends and family to find out his background. I remember thinking he seems like a decent young journalist. Then I heard him speak on their podcast and I immediately realised that his knowledge of football is minimal at best. My cat can articulate it’s sentences better than Ash can. He seems like a nice lad but you’re not going to get much insight from him. 

What I don’t get is WTF does Kendrick do other than on match days?

Edited by rayk

17 minutes ago, rayk said:

What I don’t get is WTF does Kendrick do other than on match days?

He’s the chief football editor isn’t he? So I imagine he sets the agenda for the other reporters, decides which pieces get published (clue - all of them, regardless of quality) and probably manages the team (the odd 1:1 meeting, authorising annual leave, etc...). He’s fairly prominent on the podcast, and to be fair I don’t mind him too much on that. The thing that really irks me is the amount of times he says “kind of”, it’s a different filler to “like”, I’ll give him that much. But it’s kind of really kind of irritating! 

15 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

He’s the chief football editor isn’t he? So I imagine he sets the agenda for the other reporters, decides which pieces get published (clue - all of them, regardless of quality) and probably manages the team (the odd 1:1 meeting, authorising annual leave, etc...). He’s fairly prominent on the podcast, and to be fair I don’t mind him too much on that. The thing that really irks me is the amount of times he says “kind of”, it’s a different filler to “like”, I’ll give him that much. But it’s kind of really kind of irritating! 

The trouble is I don’t think really commands very much respect at the Club. I mean compare him to any national journo and he largely comes up second best. I don’t know enough about the names of the northern media but I suspect It’s the same.

My theory is that the Werder boss played him today as a final straw push to RB Leipzig. Rashica didn’t want to be out there in case of injury, so his chances of moving to us or Leipzig weren’t scuppered. Feigned injury (circulation issues!?!) so came off quickly. 

If there’s no progress this week on this then think we should stick a fork in it!