Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

25 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I told a Steward and to keep an eye but we weren’t sure which bloke it was. They all seemed to have gone quiet after that.  It was right near end of game.

Should have punched him in the face tbf 

What struck me watching last night against Leeds was that he seems to be a second behind the other players, never anticipating quite obvious passes and moves. His best bit of play was to drag a defender away to create space for JJ goal, apart from that he was and continues to be completely blunt and slow in response to teammates around him. I think with having Emi and phil just behind him it actually highlights his level, mid/lower premier league striker, he’s just not got the instinct or reading of the game to play on the same level with players like Emi amd Phil. Sad but just not good enough. Would prefer Ings for now. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

He isn't working in the system. Gerrard relies on the interplay of quick passing between his front three and positional rotation between them too. Watkins hasn't got the footwork for that and isn't a good enough finisher. 

A 4 3 3 or a 4 2 3 1 with him leading the line is what he's best suited to. He doesn't fit our system and it's telling.

Out of reactions, but this is spot on.

8 minutes ago, honest_bertie said:

What struck me watching last night against Leeds was that he seems to be a second behind the other players, never anticipating quite obvious passes and moves. His best bit of play was to drag a defender away to create space for JJ goal, apart from that he was and continues to be completely blunt and slow in response to teammates around him. I think with having Emi and phil just behind him it actually highlights his level, mid/lower premier league striker, he’s just not got the instinct or reading of the game to play on the same level with players like Emi amd Phil. Sad but just not good enough. Would prefer Ings for now. 

This is also spot on. But honestly, he was like this last season. Grealish would often have the ball and Watkins would just not see the run he was supposed to make. It would end with Grealish having to delay the pass until he finally realised where he's meant to run.

• Like 3

He has been off all season, he has been way below par from last season. He seemed offended by Ings coming in and his work rate has even dipped

He probably needs to be taken out of the firing line and maybe even sent on holiday for a week to try clear his head

45 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He has been off all season, he has been way below par from last season. He seemed offended by Ings coming in and his work rate has even dipped

He probably needs to be taken out of the firing line and maybe even sent on holiday for a week to try clear his head

I wouldn't mind being paid 70k a week and told to go on holiday to clear my head from time to time..

What he needs to do is up his game. He's not improved at all from last season and he's a miserable bastard. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

What he needs to do is up his game. He's not improved at all from last season and he's a miserable bastard. 

Definitely.  He looks like a championship player this year. Needs dropping .asap

Watkins has been a utter disappointment this year 

8 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

I rate him.

Seemed frustrated against Leeds, and it wouldn't be the first time I've seen that in him this season.

I think everybody rates him, just he hasn’t done it this season for whatever reason and yesterday was arguably his worst performance in that he was anonymous 

• Like 1

I don't think the players even want to pass to him anymore. Watch a few of the last games, he is just never ready to receive a pass, reacts so slow and never chases a lost ball, even if the player is still close to him. Not sure why the media aren't picking up on it, if it was Salad or Penandez they would certainly be talking.

Strikers do have droughts, it's well known, but I'm always saying it's his attitude, like he isn't enjoying his football at the moment and not trying hard enough.

When he's playing through the middle, I've never seen him not put in 100%. He was chasing lost causes, covering RB, trying his hardest. He's suffering a lack of confidence brought on by playing him as a 2 with ings which hasn't worked (even buying ings may have knocked his confidence).  I still believe in him 100%.  Really hope he gets a goal and gets his mojo back

• Confused 1

Â