Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

2 hours ago, brummybloke said:

Joking aside, I think if we were after benrahma then it would have been a joint purchase so Brentford could minimise the resale fee to Exeter. It would have been structured that watkins would be less than we paid and benrahma would be slightly more than they would have accepted. 

Or we just act professionally and avoid doing dogdy deals! I very happy for Exeter to get their money.

Edited by Keener window-cleaner
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, jonjon said:

Well done, he’s worth every penny, Brentford FC website states for an undisclosed fee as per usual.

There are 4 winners here

Brentford FC

Aston Villa

Exeter City

Your Fans

We apparently stuck to our guns and have obtained a Record fee for us by miles, nice one, Thank you Villa.

But on the other hand you will not be disappointed with him, We shall all miss him but will move on, as we always do each season, you are getting a quality player who won’t let you down, A super fit athlete who looks after himself, A workhorse, Thinks, strong and runs into the right channels, great eye for goal, versatile and can play as a striker or out wide so he gives you options, good with both feet and his head, and will only improve, what’s not to like? above all a very nice personable guy who spares time to talk to the fans, I think he will adapt to Premier League football and should give you at least 10-15 goals in his first season.

All you need now is someone who can supply him with the killer pass, other than Grealish.

I will keep an eye out for his performances and look forward to seeing him on Sky, will visit this site occasionally just to see what you think of him good or bad, or you just might to be glad to get rid of me on here!!!?

We are very happy to have you here, stay for a while, stay forever!

I'd add a fifth winner to your list - Ollie himself.

Hope you kick on and get promoted. I loved Griffin Park, one of the most charming stadiums I've been to, a pitty you and other teams leave these stadiums, but guess you need a bigger one if you have PL ambitions. I also hope that you start keeping your players (except Benrahma whom I want at Villa). You have done well with your "model" over the last years, but I just don't think it will work in the ong run. You can maximse your chances in scouting and bringing players in, but at the end of the day every transfer is a risk and one can never know how a person will develop. I haven't seen any previous examples of this working at a sustained basis, sooner or later your signings wont be hits. To go up to the PL I think you need to keep your best players as long as you can, at least not selling them as a normal routine.

Brentford is one of my favourite teams in the Championship - good luck next season!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

Deano looks like the man that got the cream there.....

Bless, it's like hes just got his long lost son back from years of being out of touch.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

And a huge sign of confidence in DS from the board. 

I'd say he's earnt that, the work he put in during the lockdown to make us a harder team to beat was inspired, he's earnt the chance to try and build with a couple of his own signings.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Welcome Watkins.

I will say I'm happy about him even more for the fact he snubbed spurs to join villa, very amazing.

He's an Arsenal fan. Said last year it was his dream move to play for them. Was never going to go to Spuds. 

1 minute ago, RichiBoi11 said:

I'd say he's earnt that, the work he put in during the lockdown to make us a harder team to beat was inspired, he's earnt the chance to try and build with a couple of his own signings.

Fully agree, promotion against all odds, record run, Wembley final in the first PL season, keeping us up, not to mention so many crazy good games. He has really earnt it. I also think Watkinds will be key to his future, if he flops and it goes south it will be held against him massively. The management team were wrong on Jota imo, keeping my fingers crossed that they are right on Watkins. Hope he turns out to be Tammy rather than any of the 20+ goal players in the Championship who haven't managed to take the step up to the PL.

One of the best signs is that so many ppl who have follwed him and Brentford closly have so much good things to say about him, it's almost a bit of McGinn feeling to this one. Reactions of previous clubs fans is normally a very good indicator of how well the player may do.

Â