Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

I think it will be interesting to see how he plays this season. As last year he played very differently to how he had done in the seasons prior. He took fewer shot for instance than he did in his first season with brentford and made fewer key passes this year than ever before. He also made fewer dribbles this season and fewer passes and less accurate passes as well. 

I really hope Dean can get the best off both worlds out of him because if he can who could be a top class player. 

1 hour ago, MotoMkali said:

Nah he has transitioned from a pure goalscorer to a creator. 3 seasons ago he averaged 0.54 goals a game he Coul easily recapture that form in my opinion. 

Or, he scored most of his goals in 1 year and if he was all that, he would not be going unopposed to a team who were last in the top flight when The Spice Girls were number 1.

4 hours ago, VillanousOne said:

superb logic, spend 2 million less on a 29 year old who has better value than a 24 year old!

Screenshot 2020-09-10 at 16.50.38.png

I read that more as a sarcastic attempt to wind up Leeds fans. But maybe that's because I don't rate Rodrigo...

I kind of hope Watkins has been purchased to play as our central forward and as a striker, and that we invest in wide men who are a bit more capable of taking the ball from the midfield third and getting it to the byline or top of the box on their own, without the need for interplay with teammates. I have absolutely zero substantiated reasons to believe that Smith intends to put him out wide with another striker coming in to fulfill the central role, regardless, I hope it's not the case.

6 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

I think it will be interesting to see how he plays this season. As last year he played very differently to how he had done in the seasons prior. He took fewer shot for instance than he did in his first season with brentford and made fewer key passes this year than ever before. He also made fewer dribbles this season and fewer passes and less accurate passes as well. 

I really hope Dean can get the best off both worlds out of him because if he can who could be a top class player. 

Erm. Is this a joke which has gone over my head? 

6 hours ago, Mazrim said:

Or, he scored most of his goals in 1 year and if he was all that, he would not be going unopposed to a team who were last in the top flight when The Spice Girls were number 1.

The season before that 0.49. And he has averaged 0.3 and 0.26 while getting his assist number up to 0.3-0.4 range from 0.1. So he has a similar number of g+a/90 over the last 4 seasons.

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Erm. Is this a joke which has gone over my head? 

No. If you look at whoscored he averaged a 7.24 rating in 17/18 and a 7.26 rating this season despite scoring 16 more goals and only getting 3 less assists. He took mor3 shots in the 17/18 season as well so I'm hoping he continues his scoring form whilst recapturing the creativity he had whilst in the wing. Especially if we intend to play him out wide for a number of games say if edouard signed. ;)

Regarding Watkins tap ins, I think we’ve been putting those all season but no one was there to score them. Targett had them in almost every game, most were quality. Grealish too. So actually when you think of it, we’ll benefit out of that rather than think of it as a weakness, or think we don’t attack enough.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

No. If you look at whoscored he averaged a 7.24 rating in 17/18 and a 7.26 rating this season despite scoring 16 more goals and only getting 3 less assists. He took mor3 shots in the 17/18 season as well so I'm hoping he continues his scoring form whilst recapturing the creativity he had whilst in the wing. Especially if we intend to play him out wide for a number of games say if edouard signed. ;)

You do know that he played as a winger until last season when he converted to striker? It's completely understandable that his scoring increases and assists decreases. 

Â