Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

6 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

If the club honestly believe that just making a record signing will gloss over the truly embarrassing U18 result against a meme club last night then they are seriously deluded. What a shambles. #LangeOut

Welcome Ollie! Very excited about this.

I don't know the details of that performance.....but it does go to prove you can't JUST keep playing football.....you have to have skills to deny the opposition, too.

I am not an expert on the academy but we seem to be obsessed with No 10's and wingers.......They are only kids ,we know, but time drifts on, they need to know how to defend......its not all kippers and curtains.

The problem is that kind of result can undo every bit of good work....its disappointing.

Edited by TRO

I remember reading a newspaper story about Watkins when he helped get Exeter into 2017 Play Off Final.

He had never been to Wembley before as growing up his mum couldn’t afford it.

He was absolutely proud to be playing at Wembley and also going there for his first time!!

Stuff of dreams.

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, CosmicVillan said:

I like the way he rhymed Watkins

Sid has clearly got it, I’m looking forward to his album being released. His agent is tying up the release to correspond with Ollie’s first hat trick. So that should be 20th September. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

It is I guess a credit to the quality of your recruitment and the success of your method that you're the only group of fans I've ever seen that desperately encourage other clubs to take your best players for money!

Brentford are playing this game differently to everyone else.

It works for us, so we are used to see them move on, had we had made the Premier League he would still be with us, perhaps next year? then we can keep our best players.

Â