Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

11 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

I’m all for original songs. But I think singing about money down the drain, could easily be misconstrued and come across negative to the team even if not meant that way

It's sarcasm mate. Educate yourself 😁

Edited by SeanVilla

1 hour ago, NurembergVillan said:

Jack Woodward - "How would you describe your playing style, Ollie?"

Ollie Watkins - "All the goals."

This is so exciting to watch! A genuine poacher type who reads the play well, positions himself well and can finish one touch from all sorts of positions. 26 goals without penalties is spectacular at Championship level. 

We'd have paid this much for Tammy last year if Chelsea didn't have the transfer ban, and I see this as just as good a signing. 

Absolutely thrilled. Most exciting signing since what, Carew?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

how much do Exeter end up getting then? (was it 4-5m or something?)

Disputes over if it was 15 or 20%

But based on 20%...

28m. 3.5% to Exeter (taken off the price by Villa and paid to Exeter direct) = £980,000

Remaining £27,020,000 paid to BFC

Brentford pay 20%(?) of profit to Exeter:
Profit is 27,020,000 - 1,800,000 = 25,220,000
20% = 5,044,000

Exeter therefore get: £6,024,000
Bees get: £21,976,000"

Add on the £1.8m we got upfront... Total sale of £7.8m for a league two player. Incredible.

Potential for it to go up another £1m if Ollie activates all the £5m sell on fees for Brentford, too.

8 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Buzzing for this one. Everything we are missing. Fox in the box. Pace. Movement. Works hard. Has legs for days.

Him and Cash are exactly what I wanted to replace the slow turgid shower of last year.

Completely agree, even if he doesnt immediately set the league on fire, i have no doubt having someone like watkins who is a hard worker, has excellent movement etc, will improve the front line no end.

If we can get one more winger/IF i will be really happy with the front 3 of Grealish, Watkins and another player.....yes please.

31 minutes ago, pete101 said:

Congrats , with so many of the lower league clubs struggling through this covid , it's nice to see a club put into a stable position through a deal like this , spend it wisely

We spend all windfalls in the same way:

1/3 - Ground developments and infrastructure improvements

1/3 - Towards the academy

1/3 - Split over 3 years towards the playing budget

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, SeanVilla said:

Ollie Watkins he's from down South

The rival fans need to shut their mouth

30 million down the drain 

Ollie Watkins scores again 🎶🎶

Let's get this going (when we're allowed back of course)

10379253.gif

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, Exeter Fan said:

But based on 20%...

28m. 3.5% to Exeter (taken off the price by Villa and paid to Exeter direct) = £980,000

20% = 5,044,000

Add on the £1.8m we got upfront... Total sale of £7.8m for a league two player. Incredible.

Potential for it to go up another £1m if Ollie activates all the £5m sell on fees for Brentford, too.

i know 6m is a lot to Exeter (in my head i know it), but in reality what does 6m mean to you as a club?, is it like winning the lottery for you?, or just a nice payday that will be swallowed up within 3 months?

2 minutes ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

This is so exciting to watch! A genuine poacher type who reads the play well, positions himself well and can finish one touch from all sorts of positions. 26 goals without penalties is spectacular at Championship level. 

We'd have paid this much for Tammy last year if Chelsea didn't have the transfer ban, and I see this as just as good a signing. 

Since Luiz for me. But I totally get what you're saying. I wouldn't have minded us dropping 50m on Tammy. Watkins is that annoying prick you play against and you need to come off after 65 minutes because your legs have gone. 

When you have a striker like Watkins, Tammy etc you don't need to be that creative they'll make the chances for you with their constant running.

3 minutes ago, Exeter Fan said:

But based on 20%...

20% = 5,044,000

Either way, fantastic news for your club. Looks like every group associated with this transfer is happy. 

2 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

i know 6m is a lot to Exeter (in my head i know it), but in reality what does 6m mean to you as a club?, is it like winning the lottery for you?, or just a nice payday that will be swallowed up within 3 months?

Keeps the directors in coke and hookers for a good 18 months.

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

Andy Gray. 

1 hour ago, Mjvilla said:

Happy with this. Certainly looks like attitude is something they've looked at improving. Too many times last season we were too passive. Players like Cash and Watkins, from what I've read, have fantastic attitude and work rate. This is definitely a good thing to my eye. I'm sure it's something @TRO will appreciate and be happy with too! 

Me...I am cautiously optimistic.....He seems the sort, we should be courting.

Attitude and outlook, just can't be underestimated......I only talk about so much, because, i think it is taken for granted, in so many quarters.

I never overlook natural talent, but it looks like the under 21's had a lesson in playing against men.

I will be surprised if Ollie doesn't follow Jack in being a dedicated Pro....intent on doing damage for us.

• Like 1

Â