Academy General Topic

smetrov

On the Stratford Town website they've got picture galleries from all their previous friendlies, so presuming they have one up for this game, we should be able to work out who played, I know Bradley Burton did as they posted a picture of him before the game on twitter.

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, useless said:

I've no idea how reliable they are on this kind of thing but according to transfermarkt Caolan McBride is now a Villa player and contracted with us until 2023.

It seems like we might not be officially announcing new signings for the academy team, there's been no official word from the club on any of Swinkles, McBride, O'Reilly, Shakpoke, Chrisene is the only one that's officially been announced but maybe that was because we paid a fee for him, to technically was like any other transfer. There was also the Polish goalkeeper Oliwer Zych.

McBride has or is signing on a 3 year deal pretty sure it’s been concluded it was certainly all agreed.

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

McBride has or is signing on a 3 year deal pretty sure it’s been concluded it was certainly all agreed.

I remember seeing McBrides leaving pic from his Irish club some time ago - pre re-start perhaps. I'd remembered it - but couldn't remember his name.

• Thanks 1

I think the entire academy revamp, where we now state that players going 19 + already should be in the first team contention, is probably the most interesting development in this club for as long as I can remember. 

Not only does it lead to the group of young players having a higher calibre, it also means those who actually join the first team around 19 years of age will have a much higher ability than what we've seen previous years. 

It's almost a cliché, but as a young player you get a LOT better by playing with better players, so this is a big deal for our academy. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

No they are just quoting a Nigerian football site, it’s not confirmed yet.

just curious, but has it been standard for Villa to not officially announce youth signings? I see a mixed response from team to team

Absolutely baffling that at a time when the academy and youth teams seem to be strengthening, the club are very unreliable reporters of anything to do with them. Show highlights, name teams, update website, praise good performances, announce signings. Feels very 'lower division' to not be doing these things where at all possible.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Absolutely baffling that at a time when the academy and youth teams seem to be strengthening, the club are very unreliable reporters of anything to do with them. Show highlights, name teams, update website, praise good performances, announce signings. Feels very 'lower division' to not be doing these things where at all possible.

Maybe the club don’t want to put too much pressure on the young players that they are signing. Personally, if they are doing that I think it’s wise

• Like 1

Â