Academy General Topic

mikeyp102

The U18s have won two in two games now:

Link

Aston Villa Under-18s made it two wins from two games as they battled hard to beat Norwich City on Saturday.

After a 2-1 victory against Leicester City in their league opener last weekend, the Villans saw off the Canaries thanks to Brad Young’s (pictured) second half penalty.

But the visitors had to work hard to hold on in the final 12 minutes after Hayden Lindley and Paul Appiah were shown red cards.

Fresh from a 5-1 victory against West Bromwich Albion last week, Norwich started brightly with Zak Brown sending a header narrowly wide.

Canaries ‘keeper Sam Blair denied Villa with his feet as the away side pushed forward, but he could only watch later in the half as Dewain Sewell headed just past the post.

The end-to-end action resumed after the break, but it wasn’t until the 67th minute when the deadlock was broken.

Norwich defender Harry Pitcher handled a cross and the resulting spot kick was converted by striker Young, who scored his second in as many matches.

Lindley’s first booking was followed quickly by his second, with just four minutes between the cards as he was sent-off on 78 minutes.

The hosts pushed forward, buoyed by their numerical advantage, which became even more favourable when Appiah brought down a yellow shirt on the edge of the box to pick up his second booking with two minutes to play.

But Villa held on to make it consecutive wins in the Under-18 Premier League, leaving them second in the table ahead of their next game against Reading on Saturday.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Any of our esteemed followers of the youth teams care to share their thoughts on Dominic Revan/Mungo Bridge being our 4th choice CB’s this season? With Engels name being touted as available, and with no links to a CB being targeted. I presume that’s the plan and fair play if so. 

Edited by thabucks

50 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Any of our esteemed followers of the youth teams care to share their thoughts on Dominic Revan/Mungo Bridge being our 4th choice CB’s this season? With Engels name being touted as available, and with no links to a CB being targeted. I presume that’s the plan and fair play if so. 

Both of them are very good talents, I seem to say that quite a lot but then again, they all are :( Personally, I think Engels is good enough but I might be alone with that thought

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, useless said:

U18s play Reading at 12:00, with Sinisalo out on loan and Onodi and Marschall with the U23s yesterday evening I imagine we will see either Josh Lane or Oliwier Zych making their debut.

Do you know anything of the under 16's useless? And who the keeper is there? Apparently, the young lad is from the town I live in but I cant find anything to back this up.

U18s play Reading at 12:00, with Sinisalo out on loan and Onodi and Marschall with the U23s yesterday evening I imagine we will see either Josh Lane or Oliwier Zych making their debut.

Do you know anything of the under 16's useless? And who the keeper is there? Apparently, the young lad is from the town I live in but I cant find anything to back this up.

I know a few of the names involved with the U16s but beyond that don't know much, what I know of the U18s and U23s is basically what can be found online, with the U16s much less details are published, haven't got a clue who plays in goal for them.

Line up: Marschall, Sylla, Swinkels, Chrisene, Ealing, Bogarde, Sewell, Reddin, Appiah, Young, Raikhy

Subs: Zych, McBride, Zito, Trialist, Jay-Hart

Was hoping to see Shakpoke involved, although the initial line-up last week didn't have Bogarde as being involved and then it was changed after the game so who knows.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Losing 1-0 at half-time.

According to the official site we've had nine shots at goal five of those on target compared to their one shot on target, and have had 57% of the ball, so seem to be dominating if that's anything to go by.

• Thanks 1

Line up: Marschall, Sylla, Swinkels, Chrisene, Ealing, Bogarde, Sewell, Reddin, Appiah, Young, Raikhy

Subs: Zych, McBride, Zito, Trialist, Jay-Hart

Was hoping to see Shakpoke involved, although the initial line-up last week didn't have Bogarde as being involved and then it was changed after the game so who knows.

Thanks Useless, great work, any idea who the trialist is?

Won 3-1

Bradley Young scored for the third game in a row then Bogarde assisted by Young scored on his full debut to put us in the lead, Taylor-Hart made it three 3 in injury time assisted by Bogarde.  The trialist came off the bench for the last twenty minutes, if that's Afoka seems like they're having a good look at him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I don't know for sure who the trialist is, but I guess it's probably Afoka,  it did cross my mind that they could have listed Shakpoke as 'trialist' because they didn't want to draw any attention, not sure why it would matter, but they didn't reveal that Bogarde had made his debut last week until after the game.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, useless said:

I don't know for sure who the trialist is, but I guess it's probably Afoka,  it did cross my mind that they could have listed Shakpoke as 'trialist' because they didn't want to draw any attention, not sure why it would matter, but they didn't reveal that Bogarde had made his debut last week until after the game.

A very unfortunate surname, must feel abused whenever he’s called out!

• Haha 1

Â