Academy General Topic

smetrov

14 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

He has a lot of ability but I don’t think he has the work ethic to match it, good player though, where did you see that he got released rayk? 

Matija Sarkic, Jamie Searle, Isaiah Bazeley-Graham, Jack Birch, Colin Odutayo, Anton Hooper, Dimitri Sea and Ross McCormack are also included on the list,

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/big-mistake-aston-villa-transfer-18496807

The released list that also included O’Hare.

Edited by rayk
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

I thought Sea was highly rated too. Surprised to see him released. 

Not really, random quote about being a "game killer" or something from one of his former coaches which is often mentioned but never did anything to live up to that at this level. Quite a big lad when he was in the younger age group which got him games in the older age group.

• Thanks 1

The Group Stage draw for the EFL Trophy will take place on Tuesday 18 August at 1.30pm on talkSPORT 2.

The EFL Trophy will be split into northern and southern sections with invited clubs joining Sky Bet League One and Two Clubs in one of eight groups. 

The invited clubs include the likes of Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Manchester City and Manchester United. 

Confirmed draw ball numbers below.

group-stage-draw_n.jpeg

• Thanks 2

That link to Chrisene is over two weeks old now, we haven't actually confirmed any of these young players that we're meant to be signing, still waiting on news on all O'Reilly, Swinkles, Bogarde, McBride, Chrisene and Shakpoke. Swinkles is the only one that looks like it's deffinitely happening. Still most important thing I feel was to get Chuckwuemeka's and Philogene-Bidace's contracts sorted out.

I think it's going to be interesting to see who out of the older youngsters get loans, likes of Walker, Callum Rowe, Dominic Revan, Bridge, Brunt, Clarke, Vassilev, Wright, Archer and maybe a few others could do with getting some senior level experience.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, useless said:

That link to Chrisene is over two weeks old now, we haven't actually confirmed any of these young players that we're meant to be signing, still waiting on news on all O'Reilly, Swinkles, Bogarde, McBride, Chrisene and Shakpoke. Swinkles is the only one that looks like it's deffinitely happening. Still most important thing I feel was to get Chuckwuemeka's and Philogene-Bidace's contracts sorted out.

I think it's going to be interesting to see who out of the older youngsters get loans, likes of Walker, Callum Rowe, Dominic Revan, Bridge, Brunt, Clarke, Vassilev, Wright, Archer and maybe a few others could do with getting some senior level experience.

Chill, Brah...  Exeter just confirmed he's off to us this morning.  Will be expecting a lot of the others to follow.  

This part of Exeter's Article about Chrisene leaving to join our academy if particularly pleasing to read:

Speaking about the fee itself though, president and director of football and external affairs, Julian Tagg praised Aston Villa for their professional approach and fairness during the transfer dealing. “Whilst the fee is undisclosed, when a possible arbitration fee is considered we are pleased with the valuation,” he said. “Aston Villa have been very professional and fair in their dealings with Exeter City and we as a club would like to acknowledge that.

And from our own Academy Manager, Mark Harrison:

"I would like to thank the owners, board & CEO for their support in bringing talent like Ben’s to #AVFC & for their ongoing backing for a thriving and successful academy."

This is really encouraging for improving our academy going forward.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Have you seen him play AndyClarke?

I have indeed, interesting prospect as he would clearly be a nightmare for u16 and probably u18. Highly unpredictable with the ball at his feet, difficult to tell if it is deliberate!

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, AndyClarke said:

I have indeed, interesting prospect as he would clearly be a nightmare for u16 and probably u18. Highly unpredictable with the ball at his feet, difficult to tell if it is deliberate!

Who would you compare him to?

22 hours ago, useless said:

Patience... Swinkels is done as is Chisene others will follow. 

Â