Academy General Topic

smetrov

On 05/08/2020 at 14:11, AndyClarke said:

How do you know it has been poorly run? Things were done a certain way, it is now being done differently and sounds like money is being thrown at it, whether that is sustainable or any more successful is yet to be seen.

Because we have produced very little talents in theast 10 years.  It needs this

5 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Because we have produced very little talents in theast 10 years.  It needs this

Unsuccessful maybe, but run poorly it was not. There are a number of factors which determine success and it isn't an exact science.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, AndyClarke said:

Unsuccessful maybe, but run poorly it was not. There are a number of factors which determine success and it isn't an exact science.

It comes from scouting coaching and development. The amount of players released id argue it has been a failure 

10 hours ago, AndyClarke said:

I’m aware this is an area you’ve good knowledge of so I’m curious what makes you say this?

I’m not saying you are wrong but to me although we’ve clearly some talented young players I find it hard to view the academy as having been well run.

We’ve had accusations of bullying, staff leaving in relation to that, we’ve been poor at gaining first team experience via the loan market at appropriate times in player development and there has been no pathway through to the 1st team.

I totally accept that the later isn’t entirely down to the academy and it’s also down to the first team manager and coaches but for a club of our size with our scouting reach the results have been poor for years.

Clearly Purslow and Harrison felt things weren’t right as evidence by the speed and number of changes that have been made since the later was appointed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

It comes from scouting coaching and development. The amount of players released id argue it has been a failure 

From a financial point of view we havnt made a lot in the last 10 years.

For our lower league underfunded position and then in to the championship I’d wager there are a lot of pros in the championship and below that have come through our academy in the last 10 years. Released or not. 

Edit: the fact that we have some highly rated players in the academy at the moment is testament to the work that has gone on. It’s done been achieved in the last 2 years. 

Edited by Nicho

5 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

I’m aware this is an area you’ve good knowledge of so I’m curious what makes you say this?

I’m not saying you are wrong but to me although we’ve clearly some talented young players I find it hard to view the academy as having been well run.

We’ve had accusations of bullying, staff leaving in relation to that, we’ve been poor at gaining first team experience via the loan market at appropriate times in player development and there has been no pathway through to the 1st team.

I totally accept that the later isn’t entirely down to the academy and it’s also down to the first team manager and coaches but for a club of our size with our scouting reach the results have been poor for years.

Clearly Purslow and Harrison felt things weren’t right as evidence by the speed and number of changes that have been made since the later was appointed.

I did write a long response but on reflection it is as simple as this. I don't think there are many if any who worked for the club in the Academy, hundreds, if not thousands of pounds were pumped into my development as an example of the clubs desire to improve and prosper.

I know who was working in the Academy, how hard they were trying and that the club has an ethos and a method. That may have been ultimately unsuccessful in people's eyes but "poorly run" is simply unfair and naive.

The new leadership team have clearly pumped huge amounts of money into the Academy and have cherry picked the management and coaching team as well seemingly as the players, the budget must be through the roof.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, AndyClarke said:

Has there been a successful academy graduate apart from Jack since Gabby? Marc Albrighton, Clark maybe but they are around the same age so more or less that era. That's one in about 10 years whatever way you dress it up and that says to me, it's poorly run. The purpose of the academy is to produce players fit for the first team. I accept that they can't all make but one a year, one every two years? They've not being coming true at all.

Now you could argue once they're let go and they are rounded individuals who go on to good things in life then the academy can be classed as well run. However, there have also been allegations of bullying within the youth teams so I would assume they haven't all left happy with life regardless of playing career or not. So the lack of players that it has produced coupled with the bullying allegations suggests an all round poorly run academy.

2 hours ago, nepal_villan said:
Anyone know the latest on Kaine Kesler Hayden?  Have not spotted him with the first team. Would have thought he would be there after being named as a substitute in a few games during the restart.

I think he’s a very good talent who has a lot of potential but then again, they all are :(

We're going to have a very decent FA Youth Cup team this season.

--------------------------Sinisalo--------------------------

Kesler-------Bridge-----Swinkels----Revan(?)

----------------------Chukwuemeka-------------------

----------------Ramsey-----Chrisene----------------

Wright-----------------------------------------------JPB

----------------------------Barry----------------------------

Â