Academy General Topic

smetrov

Judging from a post he made on his instagram on Friday I think he only returned to training then, at which point the rest of the team had already gone to Wales. Not sure what the delay for him was, but he was abroad during the break so maybe he had to quarantine. Also think the Birmingham Mail are only judging who's at the training camp by looking at the videos and pictures, have seen a few people say that Philogene-Bidace isn't there, but he definitely is, it might just be that Barry has joined up with them but just hasn't been photographed yet.

Think there's a good chance he'll be involved against Sunderland in two weeks time

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

From Shakpoke's instagram...

'5 years at @norwichcityfc has to come to an end. Huge Thankyou goes out to all the staff and coaches that supported me over the years. Wishing everyone at Norwich the best in the future.

Thankyou & God bless'

Swinkels has commented '🤩'... Seems that we're just waiting for confirmation now.
Edited by useless
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, useless said:

From Shakpoke's instagram...

'5 years at @norwichcityfc has to come to an end. Huge Thankyou goes out to all the staff and coaches that supported me over the years. Wishing everyone at Norwich the best in the future.

Thankyou & God bless'

Swinkels has commented '🤩'... Seems that we're just waiting for confirmation now.

Interestingly Lamare Bogarde has now commented on it with a couple of love hearts...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Last I heard the U23 campaign is due to start on September 12th but haven't seen any actual fixtures. Third round ties of the FA Youth cup are scheduled to be completed on November 7th.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, useless said:

Judging from a post he made on his instagram on Friday I think he only returned to training then, at which point the rest of the team had already gone to Wales. Not sure what the delay for him was, but he was abroad during the break so maybe he had to quarantine. Also think the Birmingham Mail are only judging who's at the training camp by looking at the videos and pictures, have seen a few people say that Philogene-Bidace isn't there, but he definitely is, it might just be that Barry has joined up with them but just hasn't been photographed yet.

Think there's a good chance he'll be involved against Sunderland in two weeks time

Barry isn't listed as one of the youngsters in Wales on the official site link but Philogene-Bidace is. Wonder why the delay? The youngsters haven't played a competitive game for a long time. They could be very rusty come Sunderland!

This season we'll have one of the most exciting U23 teams in my memory - and thanks to CV-19 and the Premier league TV deal, I have a feeling that we won't be able to see them play anywhere.

Unless the club are able to get permission from the league to broadcast games from Bodymoor, I think the best we'll get is the official twitter feed.

The official twitter feed sometimes forgets games are on.

:(

• Sad 1

I've no idea who they played or what the final score was but our U18s played today, Ted Rowe scored his first goal at that level.

U23s are currently playing Stratford Town at Bodymoor Heath, their official twitter is posting updates.

Edited by useless
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, useless said:

I've no idea who they played or what the final score was but our U18s played today, Ted Rowe scored his first goal at that level.

U23s are currently playing Stratford Town at Bodymoor Heath, their official twitter is posting updates.

How did you know about the u18s match useless?

5 minutes ago, useless said:

Strattford goalkeeper Kieran Boucher came through our academy, thought I recognized the name, has played for Redditch and Kidderminster as well since leaving us, still only 20.

I thought he was excellent, I was gutted when he left us, then again they all are SGC, they all are :(

• Thanks 1

Â