The survival thread!

Genie

18 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Unpopular opinion but I think our celebrations are Mickey Mouse, standards have to be far higher at this club. I’d expect the dressing room scene from the likes of the baggies 

Oh yeah? And you didn’t celebrate when Jack’s goal went in either? 

I love seeing the positive atmosphere in the dressing room and how much the club means to the players. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If we'd done what West ham did and stayed up with 2 games left and celebrated then yeah fair enough

If we'd been 17th for 2 months and stayed up then again fair enough

But we haven't... According to half of even our own fan base we were dead and buried, not at the end of lockdown, not 3 games ago, there were loads of us who had us down for most of today, that's not celebration that's relief... 

Look at the baggies fans with their great escape, pitch invasion 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, holteend1982 said:

Why do they? 

We got promoted we celebrated, we stayed up we celebrate. As long as there's progression there is nothing wrong with celebrating. 

Do you think United it Liverpool would have done that? 
standards are high if you want to achieve, simple rule for life, business, sport 

Just now, Fairy In Boots said:

standards are high if you want to achieve, simple rule for life, business, sport 

It's all relative though isn't it. Celebrating staying up now doesn't mean we can't aim higher next season. Simple rule in business, sport, life.

Just now, Fairy In Boots said:

United and Liverpool are in a completely different place to us as a team and club.

this was a huge achievement - lighten up and enjoy it

• Like 1

Good to see the players enjoying themselves but I wasn’t going mental at home. I was very happy we survived but you celebrate trophies and promotions, getting to the next level. 

a few beers and a good lash up still good fun for the players 

Edited by kidlewis

13 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

They’d do if they were as bad us and completely written off to do the great escape at the end.