The survival thread!

Genie

1 minute ago, HongKongVillan said:

The same Lampard who celebrated at beating Leeds at the PO semi final?

He LED the celebrations spending thousands behind the bar. What a hypocrite.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

mom not saying we shouldn’t celebrate survival but I thought the dressing room scenes were a bit OTT, look at that from Lampard, I’m that’s what we need a bit more big club mentality, I appreciate we’ve had a decade of debacles and we have to get back but these things lay markers for later. 

just my opinion, I said it wouldn’t be popular. I just feel if we genuinely want to be a top six side we need to start acting like one

I have to disagree. Context is everything. Chelsea getting in the Champions League is not what we just went through this year (and for the last five years) by a long shot. How dour do you have to be to begrudge celebrating that. I think people can go too far with this macho posturing. The other option is to enjoy something positive. One step at a time and all that.

If we're ever going to get where you want us to be, today was a massive step.

Edited by Rolta
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Everyone getting on at Keane, he’s miserable but he was a serial winner, we’re trying to build the club back up to where we traditionally have been, celebrate a bit just not too much, it’s expected we stay in this league.

He coached for 10 years and won **** all. Hardly a serial winner as a coach

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AVTuco said:

Knew all the time that we'll stay up so not really up for celebrating. Nice dinner and a couple beers do it for me.

Next year will be more fun.

Wish you'd bloody told me and saved me the agony of the last fortnight!

Not having this debate on celebrating survival, absolute rubbish. Any team who survives or is promoted has as much right to celebrate as they like.

These players have pulled off survival when at times within the last MONTH it looked like we were certainly down. 

They've also avoided a huge wage cut, a transfer they may have been forced into, or perhaps they're just happy they get to stay playing in the top flight.

Not just that but the staff they deal with on a daily basis at BMH or the matchday staff at VP keep their jobs and I'm sure they will be celebrating for them as well.

1 minute ago, TheMelvillan said:

Wish you'd bloody told me and saved me the agony of the last fortnight!

Quite right - my pulse was off the record in those last 10 mins, no way it was different for anyone else - anyone schiestering about the confidence (other than those who set up a prem league 21 thread) can get to foook. 

• Like 2

Everyone had written us off to go down. Christ even I and a lot of Villa fans had thought we were completely doomed at one point or another.  

We've pulled off some huge results and stayed up, who cares if its not 'big club mentality' or whatever, these boys should rightly celebrate and make the most of it.

• Like 2

Just now, wilko154 said:

If's and But's (taken from relegation thread)

And we've done it again!

Watford to lose to Arsenal ✅

Bournemouth to draw to Everton ❎

Aston Villa to beat West Ham ❎

17 - Aston Villa - 35 points

18 - Bournemouth - 34 points

19 - Watford - 34 points

You will keep doing this until your last breath do you hear me?

fucked up GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I can't believe people are questioning the celebrations? 

I'd be far more concerned if they just trudged off the pitch, got straight onto the bus in dignified silence and swanned off into the night.  That would be plain weird. 

John Terry seemed quite happy with it Pepe Reina was the maddest of the lot and he's got a World Cup medal in his locker amongst pretty much everything else.  Those guys are ultimate winners and felt it was something to celebrate. 

Zackly

as people are complaining from other clubs (mainly blues and a certain Yorkshire club) the Nyland own goal wouldnt have relegated us either. We still would have finished about Bournemouth on goals scored

• Like 1

It still hasn’t sunk in.

I just want to watch more and more post-match interviews and celebrations.

I’m so excited for next season and the transfer speculation... but I think I need to curl up in the corner of a dark room and slowly rock back and forward for a few days, just to force the memories of VAR, Kevin Friend and losing twice to Bournemouth out of my brain.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1