The survival thread!

Genie

1 minute ago, Genie said:

VAR always screws us over 😉 

They were talking about this on BT.

Look we got away with one, but a can think of a number of times VAR screwed us. Palace for starters. 

Hard to believe it's just 15 days since Watford beat Newcastle 2-1 and were 7 clear of us. In their position I would have thought it's all over.

I had a feeling though they'd lose their last three and so it's proved. As I said at the time West Ham beating Watford was exactly the result we needed from that game and gave us an extra lift.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

I'd seen that guy when looking up NUFC takeover news (he is NUFC right?) - absolute fair play to him. Everytime I saw his posts I thought he is really tempting fate. 

4 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Unpopular opinion but I think our celebrations are Mickey Mouse, standards have to be far higher at this club. I’d expect the dressing room scene from the likes of the baggies 

I would agree if it was just a headline “17th place finish” but it’s honestly much more than that. We were dead and buried for a while.. it’s actually incredible. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Unpopular opinion but I think our celebrations are Mickey Mouse, standards have to be far higher at this club. I’d expect the dressing room scene from the likes of the baggies 

Hang on, these players were written off by the media and a large amount of fans too.

theyve proven themselves as premier league quality and considering we were 7 points off safety 4 games ago they deserve to celebrate.

Stop being a miserable bugger - you are Troy Deeney and I claim my £5.00 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, avfcDJ said:

I don’t give a shit, it’s good for team spirit. It’s good to let go of a tough season, and it means we can move on. They won’t want to lose those feelings.

Exactly right, nothing particularly worth celebrating, apart from the fact we stayed up, which means we get another chance to improve.