The survival thread!

Genie

So we can’t celebrate achieving our goal for the season after being almost dead and buried. I think SAF wouldn’t be knocking many glasses of bubbly down to celebrate Man U finishing 3rd. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Do you think United it Liverpool would have done that? 
standards are high if you want to achieve, simple rule for life, business, sport 

I remember Liverpool going crazy after beating Norwich in the league a little while ago. 
It’s about context.

I **** them who turn their nose up at it. 

Edited by Genie

24 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

standards are high if you want to achieve, simple rule for life, business, sport 

Liverpool were mocked for celebrating a draw with West Brom in Klopp's first season, nobody is laughing at them now.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Given where we were just a few weeks ago, absolutely nothing wrong with the celebrations. If we had been comfortable all season it'd be a different matter. Context is key.

Totally agree dude

I must admit to fearing the worst after the Everton game. It felt like a huge missed opportunity. But all credit to the squad and management, we were unlucky not to score against Sheffield United too, once the likes of Grealish and McGinn became fully fit there was a different flow. 

Douglas Luiz stepped up massively when needed. Trez scored 3 crucial goals too. Neither can be overstated in their importance. 

To overturn a 7 point gap with that squad with those injuries and lack of experience is truly something. 

Yes, there was lucky. Yes, it wasn’t ran the way we always wanted, but this was about surviving and learning. And many times, the lessons were harsh, Smith and others will come back wiser and stronger. With more hunger and a desire to improve. It was imperative to survive this season, and we did. I don’t have much else to add at this point. I’m just very happy for the team, management team, and all associated with this fine club. 

We deserve to stay in this league and will hopefully for years to come with the owners we have. 

3 minutes ago, MachoFantastico said:

Roy Keane is an sad little man, his life must be bloody miserable. It's like he's got 24/7 depression. Couldn't stand watching him as a player and can't stand to hear his so called "expert" opinions. Miserable git. 

If you happen to know the irish of that generation (my family) then you realise how fecked they are - miserable gollums. 

51 minutes ago, Rolta said:

It's all relative though isn't it. Celebrating staying up now doesn't mean we can't aim higher next season. Simple rule in business, sport, life.

51 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

United and Liverpool are in a completely different place to us as a team and club.

this was a huge achievement - lighten up and enjoy it

I am very happy we’ve survived great considering where we were. However what I want to hear is we should never be in this position again, it’s about establishing ourselves in the top half of the division now

1 hour ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Do I think United or Liverpool's dressing room would be celebrating staying in the league after being 7 points from safety with 4 games left?

Are you **** serious? :D 

6 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

I am very happy we’ve survived great considering where we were. However what I want to hear is we should never be in this position again, it’s about establishing ourselves in the top half of the division now

Give them the relief of survival and then I’m sure the club will react in the right way.

remember last season, we didn’t have a parade for coming third. That was the right response and I’m sure it’ll be the same again 

1 hour ago, Fairy In Boots said:

We're not in the same category as Wolves or Spurs, never mind Liverpool. We've not had a comfortable top half finish in ten **** years.

Edited by Davkaus

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Do I think United or Liverpool's dressing room would be celebrating staying in the league after being 7 points from safety with 4 games left?

Are you **** serious? :D 

mom not saying we shouldn’t celebrate survival but I thought the dressing room scenes were a bit OTT, look at that from Lampard, I’m that’s what we need a bit more big club mentality, I appreciate we’ve had a decade of debacles and we have to get back but these things lay markers for later. 

just my opinion, I said it wouldn’t be popular. I just feel if we genuinely want to be a top six side we need to start acting like one

16 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

mom not saying we shouldn’t celebrate survival but I thought the dressing room scenes were a bit OTT, look at that from Lampard, I’m that’s what we need a bit more big club mentality, I appreciate we’ve had a decade of debacles and we have to get back but these things lay markers for later. 

just my opinion, I said it wouldn’t be popular. I just feel if we genuinely want to be a top six side we need to start acting like one

The same Lampard who celebrated at beating Leeds at the PO semi final?

• Like 4