Premier League 2020-21 thread

Jareth

37 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Nigel Pearson is the only manager in the Premier League sacked in 2020 so far

Must be some record

Oddbod Bilic next I reckon

11 minutes ago, avfcDJ said:

So the Newcastle West Brom game goes ahead even though they have a lot of players missing still. Doesn’t seem right.

Yep...they dont deem it to be so dangerous once they are playing a team in the bottom 4.

Strange this covid!

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

This season is quite something.

Interesting to see if Leicester, Everton and Southampton can cause an upset in the "traditional" top 4

Same thing is said every year at this stage

And then 9 times out of 10 its a no 

That's the magic of the PL and sky's marketing 

• Haha 1

Not sure whether it's been discussed on here but is it not a huge advantage for teams that have fans back in? It's gone from completely neutral, and number of home and away wins being fairly similar, I think? Which obviously doesnt happen any other season with fans in the ground. To a team now having 100% of the fans support in the ground being theres.

When we play away at Burnley for example and there 16k there with 2.5k villa fans, so 15-20% of the crowd is villa fans, really our away support makes it feel more like 30-40% because of the noise we create. 

I get you want fans to return for the benefit of everyone but we could well see the home results pick back up in my opinion, which absolutely isnt fair on tier 3 teams.

48 minutes ago, turvontour said:

Not sure whether it's been discussed on here but is it not a huge advantage for teams that have fans back in? It's gone from completely neutral, and number of home and away wins being fairly similar, I think? Which obviously doesnt happen any other season with fans in the ground. To a team now having 100% of the fans support in the ground being theres.

When we play away at Burnley for example and there 16k there with 2.5k villa fans, so 15-20% of the crowd is villa fans, really our away support makes it feel more like 30-40% because of the noise we create. 

I get you want fans to return for the benefit of everyone but we could well see the home results pick back up in my opinion, which absolutely isnt fair on tier 3 teams.

Away wins will certainly drop off now . Depends who you play though. West Ham won 4 out of last 5 games I think. Only game they didn't win was with fans in and supporting them. Palace won 5-1 last week but didn't win today.

Just will go down in history as a very strange season and we're doing o.k in it. We'll play against fans at Chelsea on December 28th but that would be very tough regardless, think that will be only match we'll play with fans involved until January 30th when we're away to Southampton.

Unlikely West Midlands will be bumped up to tier 2 in the week. And London could very well be relegated to tier 3 so we might not even play fans at Chelsea and it will just be a fleeting few games.

10 hours ago, Zatman said:

90th minute and Klopp still has made no subs. What a prick 

The third vote over 5 subs is today too. Hope it gets denied again, joke him and Guardiola begging for it and barely making 1 sub in a game. Why does it keep going to vote if its been voted against twice? Incessant whinging?

Just now, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

The third vote over 5 subs is today too. Hope it gets denied again, joke him and Guardiola begging for it and barely making 1 sub in a game. Why does it keep going to vote if its been voted against twice? Incessant whinging?

it's the beauty of democracy. 

If something is ''clearly right'' and ''needs to be done'' the vote doesn't count, it needs to be retaken until the motion passes. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Clubs are voting again today on whether to allow five substitutes!

Do we just vote on it every week until the big six get their own way?

When the serial complainers used 2 from 6 this midweek

• Like 3

Â