Premier League 2020-21 thread

Jareth

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Klopp crying again this week wanting his 5 subs, its getting pathetic at this stage. I dont think a manager has ever complained so much, its embarrassing

You should not change the rules mid season unless there are extreme circumstances (the shutdown last season for example)

It shouldn't be discussed again until next pre-season

5 subs, but he only makes 1 in the CL where there are 5 subs. He doesn't care about player welfare, he just wants to have the strongest squad he can have available. Tough luck Jurgen, you have a big ass squad full of multi-million pound internationals. Use it. You have to use Dejan Lovren and Curtis Jones? Oh well.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Keyblade said:

5 subs, but he only makes 1 in the CL where there are 5 subs. He doesn't care about player welfare, he just wants to have the strongest squad he can have available. Tough luck Jurgen, you have a big ass squad full of multi-million pound internationals. Use it. You have to use Dejan Lovren and Curtis Jones? Oh well.

He is a very bad loser but it's a distraction technique to explain the 3 draws and the loss. He always talks nonsense and has blamed the wind and scoring first before for not winning. If he genuinely cared about player welfare he'd use his subs more, would rotate players more and would also blame international games. 

2 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

He is a very bad loser but it's a distraction technique to explain the 3 draws and the loss. He always talks nonsense and has blamed the wind and scoring first before for not winning. If he genuinely cared about player welfare he'd use his subs more, would rotate players more and would also blame international games. 

Salah had a strop when he came off the other day, all isn’t well in the camp it seems.

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Salah had a strop when he came off the other day, all isn’t well in the camp it seems.

They've had a very predictable starting 11 that would play almost every minute or every game for years now. They've been very lucky with injuries and their players will be used to not being rotated. I also suspect that their ego's will be even more hyped up after finally winning the league with Liverpool fans and the media treating them like God's. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, One For The Road said:

For all the talk of this "amazing" and "unpredictable" season, the top 6 are now exactly as you'd expect them to be. In one order or another. (Arsenal aside maybe)

Not exactly unpredictable.

Well everyone thought it would be a 2 horse race once again.

At least it's not that.

1 minute ago, One For The Road said:

For all the talk of this "amazing" and "unpredictable" season, the top 6 are now exactly as you'd expect them to be. In one order or another. (Arsenal aside maybe)

the bottom 3 as well you could have called in the summer as well

• Like 1

On 18/10/2020 at 15:23, BOF said:

I've said Sheff Utd just need to be careful and today emphasises that. I think they're in a bit of trouble. Fulham could easily have won this and in the end looked the more likely. Fulham are garbage. That doesn't bode well for United. They need to get Punky Brewster up to speed sharpish. They're not a million miles away from being good enough.

This from October. I think it's official.  As George Clooney might say - Damn they're in a tight spot.

19 hours ago, One For The Road said:

Marketing terms from Sky and others who want people to tune in 

• Like 1

On 04/12/2020 at 21:01, PaulC said:

Aren't Villa one of the clubs that voted for the change?  It will change in January I think. 

We haven't got the squad to make 3 subs let alone 5! 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Spurs needs more goalscorers if they are to win the title.

Kane and Son will eventually hit a purple patch or injuries happen. To keep relying on them till the end of the season isn't sustainable.

Think you mean a barren patch. A purple patch is very much what they're in the middle of now.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Â