Premier League 2020-21 thread

Jareth

Good - now surely that means an end to it for the season at least.

On concussion subs, I'm completely in favour of teams being able to make an additional concussion substitution if they've already used up their three substitutes, if not, then they already have substitutes available - a neutral Doctor should make the decision on the field and any player that comes off with a concussion should be required to miss the next game.

• Like 4

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

Good - now surely that means an end to it for the season at least.

On concussion subs, I'm completely in favour of teams being able to make an additional concussion substitution if they've already used up their three substitutes, if not, then they already have substitutes available - a neutral Doctor should make the decision on the field and any player that comes off with a concussion should be required to miss the next game.

Yes, I thought about that. It would reduce the temptation of a tactical change further (and ensure a proper rest for the injured player).

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Were any of the four sides that are allowed fans moved into Tier 3 today?

Liverpool, Everton, Brighton and Southampton were the only Premier league teams left i think.

To me it seems a bit of a joke that four teams get fans and no one else does - I think it should be knocked on the head until everyone has the chance.

Agreed, think the few games with fans showed that even a couple thousand makes a huge difference on performance and intensity. Not saying it's a guaranteed 3 points for the home team but it will be an unfair advantage if only a select few are allowed to have fans in the stands.

I like how the argument from Liverpool fans to him not making any subs vs spurs is "but he didn't have any subs to make!" 

So the problem isn't with wanting 5 subs it's with wanting a better bench... 

Their argument for it is weak as **** whilst no teams are making 3 subs or even wholesale changes to the starting 11 every week

• Like 2

Absolutely, it's the most embarrassing argument ever. Of course all managers want a *better* bench; how is that anybody else's problem?

I'm annoyed at myself for even engaging with this topic, because it's all done with such a transparent lack of sincerity and good faith.

• Shocked 1

Aston Villa, Burnley, Crystal Palace, Fulham, Leicester, Leeds, Newcastle, Sheffield United, West Ham and Wolves voted to stick to the maximum of three changes per team. The league did, however, agree to extend the number of listed substitutes from seven per team to nine.

The Guardian

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Xela said:

I think Grealish was close to this record as well

Least Burke is in good company! 

No Grealish was on winning teams before that streak started. Burke has never won a game 

• 1 month later...
Â