Premier League 2020-21 thread

Jareth

5 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Can't believe these jawdee spunktrumpets are only a point behind us.

Played 2 games more though.

I do take the point though, for all the LOL’ing at them they keep the points tally ticking over. 

There's currently just 5 points between 3rd and 15th. We really need to start winning against the 'lesser' sides because our good start could untangle very quickly given how tight the table is. 

You can be top 6 one week and bottom 6 a couple of weeks later. 

Can't remember the league being so close.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

For all our struggles and poor defending last season I can't remember us ever looking as downright poor as West brom and Sheffield utd 

TBF the promoted teams got a bit of a bad deal. Remember the arguments made we had much less time to prepare due to going up in play offs as opposed to Norwich and Sheffield weeks before. All the promoted teams this season had about 5 weeks less than we did with the very quick turnarounds in the seasons.

West Brom have stopped conceding many goals now but still a struggle to see them winning many games at this level.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Xela said:

I'm not sure, prior to lockdown we were terrible. I think Smith was heading to the job centre in a few games. Lockdown saved him, and the club. 

The media reckon he was gone if we lost that game to Chelsea which was the first game to be postponed.  

12 hours ago, Xela said:

I'm not sure, prior to lockdown we were terrible. I think Smith was heading to the job centre in a few games. Lockdown saved him, and the club. 

true but we were still never as bad as the current bottom 4, they are currently on a level of our relegation season they are that bad. After week 2 I said 30 points would be enough to survive and they are looking even worse than that

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

true but we were still never as bad as the current bottom 4, they are currently on a level of our relegation season they are that bad. After week 2 I said 30 points would be enough to survive and they are looking even worse than that

At least a couple of them will put a run together at some point.

16 hours ago, villa4europe said:

For all our struggles and poor defending last season I can't remember us ever looking as downright poor as West brom and Sheffield utd 

Honestly, a major factor is Emi. We are a defence transformed. Yes, mistakes still do happen. But look at West Brom, Fulham, Sheffield United. Ramsdale and Johnstone are bang average keepers. Error prone. Nothing in that defence looks assured. Nor they really look like scoring.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

hmm...not sure. i think last season's villa would beat this season's fulham but aside from that i think it's fairly evenly matched. that southampton away game...up there with the worst villa performances i've ever witnessed. and that's saying something.

31 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

hmm...not sure. i think last season's villa would beat this season's fulham but aside from that i think it's fairly evenly matched. that southampton away game...up there with the worst villa performances i've ever witnessed. and that's saying something.

i understand the point but at this stage last season we actually had more points than the current bottom 3 had combined. I think Norwich were better team than them which says a lot 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Klopp crying again this week wanting his 5 subs, its getting pathetic at this stage. I dont think a manager has ever complained so much, its embarrassing

Getting close to armbands time isn't it?

Â